Unheard bomber command tape

If any of you have access to a VR headset and a PC that will run it this is very good, it's the live recording of BBC reporter Wynford Vaughan-Thomas and his sound engineer, Reg Pidsley who joined a Lancaster crew on a bombing raid over Berlin in 1943. It puts you in the aircraft looking over the shoulders of the crew as they go about their tasks as the recording plays in time with events going on during the mission from take off, flying over occupied Europe and then through the flak and searchlights over Berlin, dropping the payload while being harassed by enemy fighters and then the flight home. It's a great use of VR for education.

1943: Berlin Blitz in Collaboration with the BBC | Immersive VR Education
I posted about this in post 27.
It’s fantastic. I kept resetting and going again as you miss something every time.
You can stand up, look outside, look back along the fuselage, duck down into the bomb aimers nose section, etc.
I haven’t got a VR contraption, I t’s my brothers, so I insist on doing another trip whenever I’m at his house.
He’s got the Apollo 11 mission too, which is also very good.

I posted about this in post 27.
It’s fantastic. I kept resetting and going again as you miss something every time.
You can stand up, look outside, look back along the fuselage, duck down into the bomb aimers nose section, etc.
I haven’t got a VR contraption, I t’s my brothers, so I insist on doing another trip whenever I’m at his house.
He’s got the Apollo 11 mission too, which is also very good.
Apologies I missed that post, it is very good. I've got another one where you pilot a minisub around the wreck of the Titanic which is also fascinating.

Hopefully with the huge graphical leap in the game Half Life Alyx we'll see the technology being used for more educational experiences like this.

Latest Threads