UNHCR to investigate Israel for possible war crimes

I'm not avoiding "difficult questions", I'm just not playing your little game.
No, not my game. I didn't ask you what you'd do in the Israelis' position, but I thought it was a fair question.

You appear to want to turn this into yet another "Look at meee, aren't I radical" thread, rather than sensibly discuss the very issues you raised.

Crack on, I don't know what you get from doing this, but it seems to fulfill a deep-set need on your part.

It's no good quoting two lines of a post - the crux of which you haven't and possibly could not have disagreed with - out of context, hoping nobody notices. That won't work.

You have "looked at their CVs when the initial comment was made"; no prior knowledge or work in depth, then, just an opinion based on a quick scan of CVs to qualify an objection. No materials to hand, no real arguments to make.

When in fact the UNHCR as a collective has failed on numerous occasions - refugees have been blatantly manipulated and abused - the argument has little to do with CVs. It has everything to do with the competence and effectiveness of an organisation about to investigate Israel.

If for instance Filippo Grandi (after Ban Ki-Moon) was Commissioner-General of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA) - how does that sit with impartiality and neutrality when investigating Israel? Further, some have argued that UNRWA serves to perpetuate the conflict and creates dependency.

So I'll ask you the same question, what exactly qualifies the UNHCR, its chair and its members specifically. And what are the guarantees it will independently and without bias "investigate Israel for killing unarmed protesters in Gaza" ?

You haven't qualified your rather flimsy objection thus far.
FFS, it was a question.......as set out in the post.

Given you ask me a question, the very simple answer is that Israel is a voluntary party at inernational law to a series of treaties that explicitly qualifies the UN and its various agencies with the requisite authorities.

FFS, it was a question.......as set out in the post.

Given you ask me a question, the very simple answer is that Israel is a voluntary party at inernational law to a series of treaties that explicitly qualifies the UN and its various agencies with the requisite authorities.
Thanks Mr Touchy. 'Inernational' law you say. You haven't answered the question about independence and expertise though, at all, have you. Is it all just bluster from you? I'm learning here and it's nice to have an expert on hand.

If you call making an observation white knighting you are not bright.
If you think a moderator needs white knighting you are not bright.
The is an inescapable conclusion to be made th.
Perhaps if you had deployed and met some of the type of people you are defending you would be less dense.
"The is an inescapable conclusion to be made th." ^^

Thank you for your service.

No problem, I am always ready to help those less knowledgeable than myself.
I'll let you know when I need your advice about drink driving, but in the meantime, could you give us the benefit of your view of the possibility of the IDF having committed war crimes?

I'll let you know when I need your advice about drink driving, but in the meantime, could you give us the benefit of your view of the possibility of the IDF having committed war crimes?
Not sure where the drink driving comes from.
On the IDF, they have a murderous, implacable enemy who has been brainwashed since birth to believe it is their divine right to kill Jews and who are right up against their border.
The IDF also have no room for defence in depth or much other manoeuvre except forward action.
Israel has actually tried to be diplomatic with the Pals and is the provider of their power, which is not always paid for.
Israel in general lives by 21st c rules, Hamas etc. lives by their barbarous 7th C Divine rules.

And the one Palestinian I know that I have met was a very intelligent gentleman who was forced to flee from the East Bank when Hamas learned he had a good job in Israel (not the Occupied West Bank, he was intelligent and lived in the real world) and Hamas ordered him to train as a suicide bomber so he could murder his friends.

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
"The is an inescapable conclusion to be made th." ^^

Thank you for your service.
Edits post to complain about snide posts, which weren't anything of the kind. Proceeds to make snide posts all over the thread. This might explain why I personally doubt your impartiality in any matter, let alone this one.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
Sergeants Clifford Martin and Mervyn Paice say "Hi".

Drop them a line C/O the King David Hotel, won't you?
You do a lot of Googling, while some of us speak from some 'experience' The situation in Israel is much to do with the Post War British Government of the day. In retrospect we should have taken the Jews in and not brought in some of the 'non productive's' of recent years, but discounting the Windrush generation who have done their bit.

Latest Threads