UNHCR to investigate Israel for possible war crimes

What are you saying then? Because damned if I know. On one hand, you're saying Isreal is doing bad things, but the bad things Palestine are doing aren't as bad. Just curious no need to get all snappy.
The thread subject is the possibility of Israel having committed war crimes.

I view both sides as bad as each other, but when it comes to the butcher's bill, the IDF is way ahead of the Gazans / Palestinians.

One of us is, and his name rhymes with anglo.

The IDF have killed five times more Gazans in the recent incidents than the Gazans managed in 18 years.

And that death toll is, inter alia the subject of this thread.

As for the rat poison claim, I can't find it mentioned online - can you show source, please?

RAF killed hundreds of IS in Syria, but IS didn't kill any RAF

By your curious logic, , RAF must be murderous war criminals

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
The thread subject is the possibility of Israel having committed war crimes.

I view both sides as bad as each other, but when it comes to the butcher's bill, the IDF is way ahead of the Gazans / Palestinians.
Your last statement contradicts the previous one. Re the war crimes, lets see what develops, but I suspect you may be disappointed.

Your last statement contradicts the previous one.
It doesn't really.

BP explains it well; I'm off for some fitness now.

My base position continues to be that if you call yourself an army and purport to be defending civilised standards against criminal terrorism you cannot descend to the level of the terrorists [or even below it]. As far as I understand things that is also the position in international law.
Over the years the IDF have clearly gone beyond that line, the WP is one example, another bigger one for those with memeories would be the access 'granted' to Palestinian refugee camps to permit the Christian militias in the 1980s in the Lebanon to carry out random killings. Neither of these are things that can be blamed on 'a single rogue soldiers acting under extreme duress who wasn't really resposible for his actions'. If the investigation is to be meaningful it will have to go to senior levels and probably end up in the cabinet at which point international politics will intervene and nothing will happen.

One of us is, and his name rhymes with anglo.

The IDF have killed five times more Gazans in the recent incidents than the Gazans managed in 18 years.

And that death toll is, inter alia the subject of this thread.

As for the rat poison claim, I can't find it mentioned online - can you show source, please?
You really are a f*ckwit

Hamas's history of seeking unconventional weapons. Since its establishment in December 1987, Hamas's military capability has increased markedly -- from rifles to Qassam rockets and more. There have been many reports of Hamas operatives planning and preparing attacks incorporating chemicals. Hamas has long sought to increase the lethality of its attacks by lacing shrapnel attached to its suicide bombs with chemicals. Israel's Health Ministry revealed that nails and bolts packed into explosives detonated by a Hamas suicide bomber in a December 2001 attack at the Ben-Yehuda pedestrian mall in Jerusalem were soaked in rat poison.

Hamas's Tactics:

How many casualties by these hundreds of rockets a month?
Very few but thats more luck than judgement . I do believe the Israelis go over the top at times but I can understand why . If someone was putting house bricks through your living room window two or three times a week wouldn't you want to stop them ? Hard not to use violence if they dont listen to reason

Very few but thats more luck than judgement . I do believe the Israelis go over the top at times but I can understand why . If someone was putting house bricks through your living room window two or three times a week wouldn't you want to stop them ? Hard not to use violence if they dont listen to reason
Bravo_Bravo says "it depends on the size of the brick, if it's a half a house brick it's OK"

EDIT "and you're as bad as each other"

Last edited:
You really are a f*ckwit

Hamas's history of seeking unconventional weapons. Since its establishment in December 1987, Hamas's military capability has increased markedly -- from rifles to Qassam rockets and more. There have been many reports of Hamas operatives planning and preparing attacks incorporating chemicals. Hamas has long sought to increase the lethality of its attacks by lacing shrapnel attached to its suicide bombs with chemicals. Israel's Health Ministry revealed that nails and bolts packed into explosives detonated by a Hamas suicide bomber in a December 2001 attack at the Ben-Yehuda pedestrian mall in Jerusalem were soaked in rat poison.

Hamas's Tactics:
So you made up the line about rat poisoned rockets.

AIUI they where shot at the border, or even on their own side of it.

I don't think there are any Israeli settlements nearby. So, swing and a miss.

AIUI they where shot at the border, or even on their own side of it.

I don't think there are any Israeli settlements nearby. So, swing and a miss.

Dont the Istaeli settlements regularly hit by small arms fire fired from inside Gaza count?

Last edited:

Latest Threads