UNHCR to investigate Israel for possible war crimes

Thanks for your considered reply. It admirably demonstrates the strength or lack thereof of your case.
I particularly like the way he systematically addressed each point with a well-researched rebuttal, and argued his case in a clear and erudite manner.

His reputation is richly deserved indeed.

I particularly like the way he systematically addressed each point with a well-researched rebuttal, and argued his case in a clear and erudite manner.

His reputation is richly deserved indeed.
#triggered.

So claims the chap (an assumption on my part) who's Pavlovian response to any criticism of Israel is "you're an anti-semite".
Except I haven't said that. I've looked in vain for an explanation other than anti-semitism for those that take a broadly measured view of NATO and other ops but characterise IDF ops in a manner befitting a member of the Shadow Cabinet.

Still happy to hear one if it exists.

They said the same of Nazi Germany.
Wow, that's like the Godwin's law equivalent on Yahtzee, Jenga, five aces and chocolate all at once.

Kudos.

Except I haven't said that. I've looked in vain for an explanation other than anti-semitism for those that take a broadly measured view of NATO and other ops but characterise IDF ops in a manner befitting a member of the Shadow Cabinet.

Still happy to hear one if it exists.
You've clearly insinuated criticism of Israel stems solely from anti Semitism.
You've even done it in your denial.

You've clearly insinuated criticism of Israel stems solely from anti Semitism.
You've even done it in your denial.
No, I really haven't. But it's easier to claim that than address the issue.

Those who hold Israel/the IDF to a different standard to the rest of us are motivated by something. If it isn't antisemitism, what is it?

No, I really haven't. But it's easier to claim that than address the issue.

Those who hold Israel/the IDF to a different standard to the rest of us are motivated by something. If it isn't antisemitism, what is it?
For someone insisting they're not saying criticism of Israel / the IDF is rooted in anti Semitism, you're saying its rooted state anti Semitism rather more often than expected.

For someone insisting they're not saying criticism of Israel / the IDF is rooted in anti Semitism, you're saying its rooted state anti Semitism rather more often than expected.
It's a simple question b squared, what motivates someone to criticise an IDF action when they would not criticise the same action by us or other NATO (or indeed other) forces?

It's a simple question b squared, what motivates someone to criticise an IDF action when they would not criticise the same action by us or other NATO (or indeed other) forces?
NATO and the UK have not acted in the same manner as the IDF.
Which might, possibly, explain why they've not been criticised.

NATO and the UK have not acted in the same manner as the IDF.
Which might, possibly, explain why they've not been criticised.
That's a statement. So now you have the opportunity to show how the IDF have behaved differently. (I don't recall ever asking for roof knocks or phone calls for example just fast air on the hostile position from the fac)

My base position continues to be that if you call yourself an army and purport to be defending civilised standards against criminal terrorism you cannot descend to the level of the terrorists [or even below it]. As far as I understand things that is also the position in international law.
Over the years the IDF have clearly gone beyond that line, the WP is one example, another bigger one for those with memeories would be the access 'granted' to Palestinian refugee camps to permit the Christian militias in the 1980s in the Lebanon to carry out random killings. Neither of these are things that can be blamed on 'a single rogue soldiers acting under extreme duress who wasn't really resposible for his actions'. If the investigation is to be meaningful it will have to go to senior levels and probably end up in the cabinet at which point international politics will intervene and nothing will happen.
Here you go, Mr. Tedious.
Expresses it very well.

That's a statement. So now you have the opportunity to show how the IDF have behaved differently. (I don't recall ever asking for roof knocks or phone calls for example just fast air on the hostile position from the fac)
You asked why there is no criticism of NATO or UKLF when they acted in the same manner as the UDF.
Now you're annoyed when I point out the lack of criticism is due to the lack of similar actions.

You asked why there is no criticism of NATO or UKLF when they acted in the same manner as the UDF.
Now you're annoyed when I point out the lack of criticism is due to the lack of similar actions.
I didn't mention the Ulster Defence Force who are clearly terrorists. If you meant the IDF then if the best you have is WP which as you know we use and dodgy standing by back in the day while others go mental (par example Dutchbat) then we seem to be back to anti-semitism.

I didn't mention the Ulster Defence Force who are clearly terrorists. If you meant the IDF then if the best you have is WP which as you know we use and dodgy standing by back in the day while others go mental (par example Dutchbat) then we seem to be back to anti-semitism.
You really are quite tedious tonight, arent you, even by your Islamophobic standards?
Sorry if you got confused by UDF.

You really are quite tedious tonight, arent you, even by your Islamophobic standards?
Sorry if you got confused by UDF.
Wait, it’s okay for you too call out the IDF for human rights violations but when someone brings up how the Palestinians act towards the Israelis on the whole they’re an Islamophobe

Wait, it’s okay for you too call out the IDF for human rights violations but when someone brings up how the Palestinians act towards the Israelis on the whole they’re an Islamophobe
Woosh...

Latest Threads