UNHCR to investigate Israel for possible war crimes

If only you had access to the internet and some kind of method of searching the terms "Jewish Terrorism".
A quick search reveals a hotel bombing from 1946 and 2 Wikipedia articles which aren’t really reliable sources. What did turn up in the news tab was a synagogue shooting, the most recent case of terror against Palestinians was a woman killed by an Israeli. Hardly at the same terror level as Hamas

A quick search reveals a hotel bombing from 1946 and 2 Wikipedia articles which aren’t really reliable sources. What did turn up in the news tab was a synagogue shooting, the most recent case of terror against Palestinians was a woman killed by an Israeli. Hardly at the same terror level as Hamas
Fibber.

Ah the good folk of Sderot, formerly the Palestinian village called Najd, whose inhabitants were forcibly removed in 1948 to make way for a transit camp.

What we designated in the Balkans and Kosovo as 'ethnic cleansing'.
Always worth remembering the context of 1948. Israel had (grudgingly) accepted the UN Partition plan, the Arabs did not and started a war to try and wipe Israel out completely. Israel won, and took more territory while they did it.

These are the grave elders of this besieged Israeli border town, eating popcorn and cheering as the IAF puts another airstrike into Gaza:

When bombs receive applause

' Four legs good, two legs bad' ?

I had a lot of sympathy for 'poor defenceless Israel' back in the day.
I will be brutally honest, if Saoradh managed to take control of Donegal and NIRA/RIRA were launching rockets and mortar rounds at my home and my kids I would be cheering like mad when the RAF lit them up.

Just out of interest @LEGZ30, what's your key focus on Israel ?

Seems like you're getting quite passionate about a people and a nation a long way from us ? Just askin'?
My interest in the Israeli/Palestinian conflict is that I teach CT and PO for a living. We are constantly looking at examples of how other people do business to see if anyone has come up with better concepts or tactics than we are teaching so we can constantly improve the product. We get a lot of examples of dealing with complex incidents from that conflict.

I don't think I am particularly passionate about it, I have just been disagreeing with people who are saying things that don't match with my knowledge/experience.

What do you get when you use the search terms ‘Jewish Terrorism’
Its perfectly possible to type in the same search and get different results

Google etc key themselves to your** preferences - Its partly why social media is such a circle jerk and the loony left vocal minority believes its the moderate majority.

If you search something and only click on left ( or right ) wing sites - or google foreign countries but only click on travel info - it will tailor your results to reflect that ensuring your top 50 hits reflect your preferences.

Much like the rabid lefty who wont talk to a tory and unfriends any one who expresses an opinion they dont agree with - tending to result in confirmation bias as they only hear certain opinions - which since every reasonable individual they talk to agrees with - Must be correct and anyone who does express another is not just wrong but bad.

We all do much the same unwittingly thanks to Googles algorithms - result is you tend to see the results you want.

Which is why If I google something I will open a wide range of sources from Guardian Mirror Canary on the left to Torygraph Mail Stormfront on the right - I wont read all but I open them in an effort to beat the algorithm. Im not sure how effective it is - but my results do seem (to me - but am I fooling myself) more diverse than some others.

** by IP address I suppose

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer

Google etc key themselves to your** preferences - Its partly why social media is such a circle jerk and the loony left vocal minority believes its the moderate majority.

If you search something and only click on left ( or right ) wing sites - or google foreign countries but only click on travel info - it will tailor your results to reflect that ensuring your top 50 hits reflect your preferences.

Much like the rabid lefty who wont talk to a tory and unfriends any one who expresses an opinion they dont agree with - tending to result in confirmation bias as they only hear certain opinions - which since every reasonable individual they talk to agrees with - Must be correct and anyone who does express another is not just wrong but bad.

We all do much the same unwittingly thanks to Googles algorithms - result is you tend to see the results you want.

Which is why If I google something I will open a wide range of sources from Guardian Mirror Canary on the left to Torygraph Mail Stormfront on the right - I wont read all but I open them in an effort to beat the algorithm. Im not sure how effective it is - but my results do seem (to me - but am I fooling myself) more diverse than some others.

I get exactly the same results as him oddly enough.

I get exactly the same results as him oddly enough.

Can doesn't mean always will

My results dont include King David or the Zionist terrorism - but do a Jewish Charity for terror victims.

I wasn't singling Matt out -
It was my intent to point out to all concerned that same search can have different results
In hindsight I should probably have tagged BB as well or avoided quoting Matt alone

Helm

MIA
Book Reviewer
Can doesn't mean always will

My results dont include King David or the Zionist terrorism - but do a Jewish Charity for terror victims.

I wasn't singling Matt out -
It was my intent to point out to all concerned that same search can have different results
In hindsight I should probably have tagged BB as well or avoided quoting Matt alone
I wasn’t criticising at all just commentating on the fact. It was just a surprise given your post to get exactly the same result

Disliking the actions of the IDF ot considering they may on occasion go OTT really, really isn't anti Semitic.
Its puerile and intellectually bankrupt to pretend it is and does your argument no good at all.
Objecting to particular actions or policies of the IDF or Israeli government clearly is not antisemitic. When that morphs into blanket condemnation of Israel in a way that the person would not act with regard to ourselves, France, America etc then it suggests there is some other motivation. Any nation, ourselves included, that is engaged in long term combat operations will accrue enough ROE breaches, intelligence cockups, poor command decisions, dodgy political calls and straight bad luck that those so minded can pick and choose to paint a bleak picture, as the far left types do. When people don't do that with any country except Israel, it is not unreasonable to conclude that the fact it's the only jewish country may be the issue.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer

Wotesaid....if your views ( on whichever side of any debate) are formed purely by what you read on eg Arrse/Facebook/Twitter/FourChan/Mumsnet/AnPhoblacht/Ha'aretz/Al-Jizzera - whatever - you are likely to see POV's which are broadly similar to your own.

'All right-thinking people agree that....'

Well, actually no, not necessarily.

I mainly read the Torygraph and the Independent, can't stand the Grauniad despite being Labour; I wondered why I kept falling out with other lefties, thanks!

Objecting to particular actions or policies of the IDF or Israeli government clearly is not antisemitic. When that morphs into blanket condemnation of Israel in a way that the person would not act with regard to ourselves, France, America etc then it suggests there is some other motivation. Any nation, ourselves included, that is engaged in long term combat operations will accrue enough ROE breaches, intelligence cockups, poor command decisions, dodgy political calls and straight bad luck that those so minded can pick and choose to paint a bleak picture, as the far left types do. When people don't do that with any country except Israel, it is not unreasonable to conclude that the fact it's the only jewish country may be the issue.
Bollocks.

Latest Threads