UNHCR to investigate Israel for possible war crimes

Indeed, and their military strategy worked well. Their actions since, however, appear to have caused only further misery, particularly with respect to settlements.

Do you hold the view that those displaced people may hold the same view for the same reasons?
My view is that if the Arab nations had allowed those displaced people to integrate into their societies, in the same way that Jews displaced from Arab countries integrated into Israeli society, then this problem would largely have gone away by now.

My view is that if the Arab nations had allowed those displaced people to integrate into their societies, in the same way that Jews displaced from Arab countries integrated into Israeli society, then this problem would largely have gone away by now.
With respect, that's something of a non-answer. Or, rather, it didn't answer the specific question.

The inherent inconsistancy in your position appears to be that while the Israelis have a nation state into which they can integrate, the Palestinians do not. That, in turn, takes us back to the settlements question, which is why it is always at the centre of "peace" talks.

Of course.
Why not back up your argument by showing pictures of fit female IDF soldiers?
I assume you're being a tit and suggesting that im not believing the pictures because yay Israel (despite demonstrating my point with fake images) . Edit - you may also have noticed an absence of videos posted by me where Palestinian "medical" personnel are interviewed and admit to being Human shields and taking part in the protests - That would be because its from a pro Israeli source and I dint know that the subtitles reflect the words said so not taking it as face value.

The reason I say you're being a tit is because ive been forthright in condemning Israeli actions in other threads and I havent supported them on this - No BB pointing out theres an awful lot of fake imagery and how camera angles and cropping can change what the viewer sees is not supporting the IDF.

Last edited:

goodoldboy

MIA
Book Reviewer
And yet you could find the time to go to the USA and Eastern Europe on exchange exercises, but not do an Operational Tour.

1 out of 10, must do better......
I don't care if I never see the Middle East again but this is a decent thread and your personal attacks are childish.

0/10, should know better......

It's not their mindset that is the problem, it's the mindset of people determined to wipe them off the face of the earth. Until that is dealt with there will never be peace there.
Golda Meier said a long time ago, ' there will never be peace with the Palestinians until they learn to love their children more than their God'.

That may be the case in some instances, but not all. Moreover, there is little serious debate as to which party started the '67 war. Again, it's the text book example of "preventative aggression".
Were you around then?
I was 14 and remember watching newsreels of Syrian, Jordanian and Egyptian modern Russian supplied tanks and AFV's on exercise preparing for the annihilation of Israel. They vastly outnumbered the Israeli's.
Then we were told that the UN peace observers had been told to leave by the Arabs.
From then on it seemed to be a matter of time before we were told that Israel had been wiped off the map.
Then we learned a new phrase, pre emptive strike.
6 days later Israel was double its previous size with a much bigger armoured force.
I have absolutely no problem that the Arabs started it and Israel finished it and good luck to them.

A final point. In the next 10 years the world pop will probably be close to double what it is today and resources precious. Water is running out in the area.
The Arabs need to realise who can be their best friend by then or themselves face annihilation, imo.

With respect, that's something of a non-answer. Or, rather, it didn't answer the specific question.

The inherent inconsistancy in your position appears to be that while the Israelis have a nation state into which they can integrate, the Palestinians do not. That, in turn, takes us back to the settlements question, which is why it is always at the centre of "peace" talks.
The Israelis have a nation state, because they made one. Between 1948 and 1967 (when the West Bank and Gaza were both under Arab rule) there was no attempt to make a nation state for the Palestinians. So whose fault is it the Palestinians don't have a state?

In 2005 the Israelis voluntarily left Gaza and forcibly evicted all of their settlers that refused to leave. Their reward was a massive increase in terrorist attacks and the voting in of a terrorist organisation that has the stated aim of wiping Israel out completely. Can you understand why the Israelis are less than enthusiastic about doing the same thing again in the West Bank?

The Israelis have a nation state, because they made one. Between 1948 and 1967 (when the West Bank and Gaza were both under Arab rule) there was no attempt to make a nation state for the Palestinians. So whose fault is it the Palestinians don't have a state?

In 2005 the Israelis voluntarily left Gaza and forcibly evicted all of their settlers that refused to leave. Their reward was a massive increase in terrorist attacks and the voting in of a terrorist organisation that has the stated aim of wiping Israel out completely. Can you understand why the Israelis are less than enthusiastic about doing the same thing again in the West Bank?
Add to that Black September in 1970.
The Palestinians are their own worst enemies.

Golda Meier said a long time ago, ' there will never be peace with the Palestinians until they learn to love their children more than their God'.
“We can forgive the Arabs for killing our children. We cannot forgive them for forcing us to kill their children. We will only have peace with the Arabs when they love their children more than they hate us.”

I assume you're being a tit and suggesting that im not believing the pictures because yay Israel (despite demonstrating my point with fake images) . Edit - you may also have noticed an absence of videos posted by me where Palestinian "medical" personnel are interviewed and admit to being Human shields and taking part in the protests - That would be because its from a pro Israeli source and I dint know that the subtitles reflect the words said so not taking it as face value.

The reason I say you're being a tit is because ive been forthright in condemning Israeli actions in other threads and I havent supported them on this - No BB pointing out theres an awful lot of fake imagery and how camera angles and cropping can change what the viewer sees is not supporting the IDF.
Im just amused that you're trying to imply those pictures are fake / posed / just an unfortunate angle...

Wouldnt that require them to leave what they view as their homeland?

They can see what they want, as can you.
It won't make it fact.
The Israeli's bought up desert, scrub and marshland and made it bloom.
All the people you support could do was let it fester.
Darwin has a place for losers.
The people I support?
Eh?
Leave Manchester United out of this.

Wouldnt that require them to leave what they view as their homeland?
Yes, just like the Jews who were forced out of the Arab countries had to.

Im just amused that you're trying to imply those pictures are fake / posed / just an unfortunate angle...
I implied nothing -

I said without context and uncut images we do not know if they truly show what they purport to.

You are being very dishonest if you are claiming that you dont know that the angles involved can lead to a false impression - (that for example a rifle pointed directly in someone's face never was.)
Heres a simple demonstration
will 1.png

will 2.png

Or that how an image is cropped and presented can change what you perceive to be happenning

media 1.jpg

In light of this and other well known examples I dont take unattributed photos videos or quotes at face value from any side.

But ok if it makes you feel morally superior to ignore my actual point in order to be the sole voice of reason and insist anyone who doesn't fully accept the version of events you do is rabidly pro Israeli you crack on.

I implied nothing -

I said without context and uncut images we do not know if they truly show what they purport to.

You are being very dishonest if you are claiming that you dont know that the angles involved can lead to a false impression - (that for example a rifle pointed directly in someone's face never was.)
Heres a simple demonstration
View attachment 384013

View attachment 384014

Or that how an image is cropped and presented can change what you perceive to be happenning

View attachment 384015

In light of this and other well known examples I dont take unattributed photos videos or quotes at face value from any side.

But ok if it makes you feel morally superior to ignore my actual point in order to be the sole voice of reason and insist anyone who doesn't fully accept the version of events you do is rabidly pro Israeli you crack on.
Deserves a like as well.

The Israeli's bought up desert, scrub and marshland and made it bloom.
All the people you support could do was let it fester.
Darwin has a place for losers.
Too right.

"Between 1922 and 1947, the annual growth rate of the Jewish sector of the economy was 13.2%, mainly due to immigration and foreign capital, while that of the Arab was 6.5%. Per capita, these figures were 4.8% and 3.6% respectively. By 1936, the Jewish sector had eclipsed the Arab one, and Jewish individuals earned 2.6 times as much as Arabs. In terms of human capital, there was a huge difference. For instance, the literacy rates in 1932 were 86% for the Jews against 22% for the Arabs, but Arab literacy was steadily increasing." (History of Palestine - Wikipedia)

Bloody no-good idle illiterate Arabs deserved being kicked out.

overopensights

ADC
Book Reviewer
You raised the matter of Arabs killing Brits many decades ago, i pointed out that the Israelis have form for same.
Sorry if facts upset you.
You would be really very surprised at what little upsets me. My biggest upset, is having been an infantryman in four wars, and having to listen to snowflakes like you that shout ' Foul' when you have no experience and little common sense in seeing that no matter what shite you post on here. You will change absolutely nothing,

it was Mr.303 and his son 7.62 that made most changes in the present world! When they left the scene Mr Kalashnikov appeared in mass, sadly backed up by Corbynism, Bravo Bravo and that ilk of 'snowflakism! To put it mildly, there lies the problem. Somewhat sanction the Arabs until they learn to behave and cohabit.

Last edited:

Latest Threads