Unhappy soldier/want out/home life

Dwarf

LE
It was all going so well...........
It was indeed. Especially as the OP reactivated the thread to say he was feeling much better now about the Army.

But we are ignoring the blindingly obvious, if he did want out of the military, which he now apparently doesn't, but wants to keep the advantages of a safe job in the current environment then he could always do a sideways transfer to the Crabs. :cool:

Dr Death

War Hero
It was until you, sorry Dr Death, rocked up.
I get the point.
People give their opinion's on a subject it might be right or wrong depending on your view..

Dr Death

War Hero
Surely asking on arrse should not be seen as legally binding or official policy if people think it is they should not be on a social media site. It has been said before and some have admitted breaking military law to get out of the army.

Now if i was using my real name & rank that would be making it official but as nearly 99% on arrse use a pseudonym or alias to cover themselves what advice is given should not be taken as endorsing it.
You're still a serving soldier? And holding a rank with some authority?

Good grief.

You may wish to refresh your memory here:

Reply if you wish but I have no intention of responding.

Surely asking on arrse should not be seen as legally binding or official policy if people think it is they should not be on a social media site. It has been said before and some have admitted breaking military law to get out of the army.

Now if i was using my real name & rank that would be making it official but as nearly 99% on arrse use a pseudonym or alias to cover themselves what advice is given should not be taken as endorsing it.
I outrank you.
Start behaving yourself or else you'll be having interviews minus coffee.

Bugger, social distancing. Stand fast and stay away from the jammy dodgers you ruffian.

It was indeed. Especially as the OP reactivated the thread to say he was feeling much better now about the Army.

But we are ignoring the blindingly obvious, if he did want out of the military, which he now apparently doesn't, but wants to keep the advantages of a safe job in the current environment then he could always do a sideways transfer to the Crabs. :cool:
And spend half his life on shit dets without any free time

You will not get council / housing association housing if you leave. End of.
Your choices are limited.

Suck it up and live with it until your time is up, at the same time get a trade and plan for working outside.

Or,

Kick it in and take your chances that you won't have a house or job.

Trust me that option 2 will make everything worse than you can possibly imagine.

My advice is to plan to get where you want to be while you are in the job you hate. I worked in a job I hated for 18 months but I had a plan to get out and made it happen. I also suffer from periodic bouts of depression BTW.
I know he is sorted now but I thought someone might find this interesting.
She leaves husband mit kinder
SAAF will take her anywhere. She gets a local connection.

She will then go to the priority needs at the council. She will be allowed to bid straight away on houses.
Then they get back together.
Or get divorced, he can stop 5 days a week. Then he buys a house and rents it to his single mum, ex wife... So my mate says

Last edited:

Dwarf

LE

Dr Death

War Hero
I outrank you.
Start behaving yourself or else you'll be having interviews minus coffee.

Bugger, social distancing. Stand fast and stay away from the jammy dodgers you ruffian.
Blimey this is getting more like a staff meeting with the squabbling going on, in future I can see Bad/Good CO's getting to appear in private eye for letting someone on arrse have a opinion which someone else has taken the wrong way. None of us are in the ALS if we were the advice could be taken as kosher.

In future I will note a clause it is only an opinion and should not be read as the right or wrong thing to do or say. Any advice I might give is only my opinion and NOT endorsed by the British Army or Army Legal Service.

It is up to the person concerned to take a wide variety of views, advice and opinions and decide what is best for them to act on.

Last edited:

Buddy!

War Hero
Just wanted to say gents thank I'm in a lot better place now and things slowly falling into place. Wife is working kids doing well what's made me a lot happier.

I seem to be doing well at work as well, I took everything what was said and trying to be a better, father and husband whats the most important thing. Things are not perfect and every now and then slip back to old habits, but from 2 years ago I'm a lot positive.

Also if I do get out I'm in a lot better place and have used the army to help me with courses education and quals to better myself. So once again gents thank you.
This is excellent to hear! Keep at it. Start planning the path you wish to follow when you leave.