Unhappy soldier/want out/home life

Before any one comes out with normal shit it blah blah give it a go, I'm the idiot who has come back after injury from basic in 2015 and rejoined even then I thought it was stupid idea . I thought I was making the right choice for my family.

Right I'm 32 married with 3 Kids Just completed phase two and recently got to reg. I've had feelings for a while that it's not right for me lived too long being my own boss and working the normal life.

I've suffered with depression for a Long time due bit of a fun childhood( I will leave that their) hid it when I joined,but kept under control for a long time till crimbo when something set me off. I don't complain when I'm at work I get on with my job I think a lot of the lads like and respect me.

But it's effecting my home life my wife kids get the brunt of my frustration and anger as I don't want. I'm currently seeing dcmh to help with my lows and how it's effecting home life. I have started raising my voice to my kids and I've never done that.

So I'm just asking are there any lads that feel they hate the job and the life but don't show at work but take it home with them.

I would rather be unemployed keep my kids and wife happy then be miserable.by the way she supports me in what ever I do.
I recognise your pain mate, but you've got to consider the fact that there's about to be a real time super depression in the jobs market. Even those that have in the past been pretty bomb proof, may find themselves out of work.

The Army may suck at the moment, but my advice is to soldier on until things settle in civvy street. It may be pants but at least it's secure employment.

Dr Death

War Hero
To those that want out, quickly and without caring what happens its fail a CDT.

But it is about manning up the Army will offer you stability of sorts, perhaps speak to the padre?
Maybe get given light duties an the chance to spend more time with the family.
Counselloring is not a soft option and might help you and the family to come to terms with the situation more.

I recognise your pain mate, but you've got to consider the fact that there's about to be a real time super depression in the jobs market. Even those that have in the past been pretty bomb proof, may find themselves out of work.

The Army may suck at the moment, but my advice is to soldier on until things settle in civvy street. It may be pants but at least it's secure employment.
Wake up, Trig :)

But it is about manning up the Army will offer you stability of sorts, perhaps speak to the padre?
Counselloring is not a soft option and might help you and the family to come to terms with the situation more.
'Counselloring'?

Really?

Please don't offer any more advice.

Dwarf

LE
Really good that you took the time to give feedback, and it's good to know that Arrse actually managed to help. Well done on getting things right and good luck for the future for both you and the family.

I concur about the Jagerbombs but could I change my order from lager to Back Sheep and plain crisps and if we are standing then a box please?

Dr Death

War Hero

'Counselloring'?

Really?

Please don't offer any more advice.
What you do not like the happy clappy approach then?

Dwarf

LE

Have you read post 56?

Counselling.

How about you stop clapping and learn how to spell 'counselling'.

. . . and you may wish to look up 'integrity' also, now that you've got the book open. :rolleyes:

Dr Death

War Hero
How about you stop clapping and learn how to spell 'counselling'.

. . . and you may wish to look up 'integrity' also, now that you've got the book open. :rolleyes:
me bad as big sister a senior counsellor in cbt, hope you not one of her bed wetting not breast fed clients?

Dr Death

War Hero

Dr Death

War Hero
Of course.

Moving on . . .

'Integrity': your 'advice' to the OP suggesting that he criminalise himself purely to nullify his contract with MoD?

Care to think about that one again?
Well for some these days it seems it is a badge of honour to get out of the military quickly.

But it is up to an individual to decide what to do, arrse is a forum not a bona fide source of practical help endorsed by the British Army. It is tolerated by Land Command as a place where advice is sort by both serving and ex soldiers & officers. Talking to the Padre or someone in Welfare is more official.

Well for some these days it seems it is a badge of honour to get out of the military quickly.

But it is up to an individual to decide what to do, arrse is a forum not a bona fide source of practical help endorsed by the British Army. It is tolerated by Land Command as a place where advice is sort by both serving and ex soldiers & officers. Talking to the Padre or someone in Welfare is more official.
Nicely avoided.

. . . please don't offer advice again until you've established the ICE on your moral compass.

Dr Death

War Hero
Nicely avoided.

. . . please don't offer advice again until you've established the ICE on your moral compass.
this is arrse, its not jsp get a life or do not use an unofficial army forum?

Dr Death

War Hero
Only if you stop 'advising' serving soldiers to criminalise themselves as a means of leaving the Army.

Deal?
Surely asking on arrse should not be seen as legally binding or official policy if people think it is they should not be on a social media site. It has been said before and some have admitted breaking military law to get out of the army.

Now if i was using my real name & rank that would be making it official but as nearly 99% on arrse use a pseudonym or alias to cover themselves what advice is given should not be taken as endorsing it.

Latest Threads