Unfortunatly named Journo

#4
OC Training Wing ******* Barracks in late 80's - Major Ben Dover. His parents were either comic geniuses (or should that be genii) or hated him from day one.
 
#10
Brilliant!

Although the fall-out will undoubtedly re-ignite the age-old unfortunate names posts that people tend to bring up on here every six months or so.

Major Major, Gunner Rea etc etc etc
 
#11
Great Name, well spotted and unlike so many of the other "funny" names it has provenance....

Regarding the story, when will people realise that if they dress their little boy up in a lacy frock and let him join a choir, there is a good chance he's going to get his ass trunked; or do you think it is a scam;

Jonny goes into choir aged 6, gets groomed and bummed.

Aged 18 Jonny, finally reports abuse, gets compo to set him up nicely in Uni, and enable him to buy lots of nice shoes.
 
#13
The thing is, he's probably so immune to his name, it never even occured to him. If it wasn't for the link I think we would all assume thiss was a pish-take. As for Major Major and Gunner Rea, I doubt theres two guys in any uint who would remember them so yes threads like this do tend to degenerate into silly name one-upmanship. And yes Capt Head is out there somewhere....
 
#14
TheSporting1st said:
The thing is, he's probably so immune to his name, it never even occured to him. If it wasn't for the link I think we would all assume thiss was a pish-take. As for Major Major and Gunner Rea, I doubt theres two guys in any uint who would remember them so yes threads like this do tend to degenerate into silly name one-upmanship. And yes Capt Head is out there somewhere....
Gnr Reah of one of the Scottish artillery regiments in the very late 80s through the mid 90s. This man did exist and was a good bloke :D I'd post more specifics on his unit but, well, that'd be just wrong...
 
#15
craign said:
TheSporting1st said:
The thing is, he's probably so immune to his name, it never even occured to him. If it wasn't for the link I think we would all assume thiss was a pish-take. As for Major Major and Gunner Rea, I doubt theres two guys in any uint who would remember them so yes threads like this do tend to degenerate into silly name one-upmanship. And yes Capt Head is out there somewhere....
Gnr Reah of one of the Scottish artillery regiments in the very late 80s through the mid 90s. This man did exist and was a good bloke :D I'd post more specifics on his unit but, well, that'd be just wrong...
...and guess what we called SSgt Coomber when he was promoted!
 
#16
CaptainPlume said:
craign said:
TheSporting1st said:
The thing is, he's probably so immune to his name, it never even occured to him. If it wasn't for the link I think we would all assume thiss was a pish-take. As for Major Major and Gunner Rea, I doubt theres two guys in any uint who would remember them so yes threads like this do tend to degenerate into silly name one-upmanship. And yes Capt Head is out there somewhere....
Gnr Reah of one of the Scottish artillery regiments in the very late 80s through the mid 90s. This man did exist and was a good bloke :D I'd post more specifics on his unit but, well, that'd be just wrong...
...and guess what we called SSgt Coomber when he was promoted!
Sir?
 
K

Kirkz

Guest
#18
One of my kids went to school with a girl called Joanne Connor!!!
I had to ask him 3 times before I heard it correctly :D
Sounded like he had some sort of masturbation fetish until he spoke slower :p