Unfortunate Names

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Tastytoggle, Feb 26, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. This is the umpteenth thread about the subject matter, but what the hell.

My ex wifes sister, who became a copper in Brissle was called Adora Dick. her brothers were called Ecclestone Dick, Mike Dick and, wait for it, wait for it.... Ivor Dick.

2. It did'nt seem to hold back former Leicester, Lions and England full-back, scrum-half and wing Austin Healey.

And, yes, his Dad did it as a joke, allegedly after Mum told him not to name him Austin.

Allegedly.

3. I have seen a New Zealanders Passport to prove his name: Mr Goodfellowe and his first name? Jolley!

4. Went to school with a 'Holly Day'.

5. Squaddie I served with was named "Alex Hole". Yeah, as you imagined we had tons of fun with A. Hole.

6. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

I went to my old man's ranch in Vernon, BC, Canada. There were a couple of Indian trappers in a cabin on the land. He warned me not to laugh if he introduced them to me. Lo and behold I met Yip Yu and F*ck Yu. Scarey as feck they were.

Elaine worked at the Co-Op DPC in Edinburgh. Her colleague got married, got preggers and had a daughter called Annette Curtain... FFS

7. Went to school with a girl called Teresa Green and served with a guy call Richard Head (and he wanted to be called Dick!)

8. Went to school with a Nigerian guy called Heaven-Lee.....

9. We had a private baby (big lad too) in our troop - hours of fun there

10. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

My boss is Reg Varney.. hours of fun... and a fitter in our lot was Vince Hill. Anyway, it's gone 15:00 so it's brew-time and off home to The Scarey One.

11. Well, he was known as the 'Leicester Lip' for public consumption: having met the man once, I would concede your point, though.

12. Worked with a fellow called Richard "Dick" Woodcock.

Poor fellow never said boo to a goose. Could tell he suffered a torrent of abuse at school. He would barely even look you in the eye.

Either the parents were clueless f**kwits or they had a twisted sense of humour.

13. One of my sons best friends was "ROBIN BANKS" & I worked with a guy called "ALF GOTOBED" whose mother ran a pub called the "ODDFELLOWS ARMS"

14. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

I went to school with two brothers, Andrew and Peter Ness. Poor gits got even more hassle as neither of them ever grew to 5'2 and therefore were generally seen as fair game by the normal imbeciles.