Unfortunate Army Names

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by diehard57, May 25, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Seeing fellow arsser Mysteron's avatar - the evil Captain Black - got me thinking (PERSEC permitting) have you known any officers and gentlemen with similar such sobriquets for example Troop Commander Captain Scarlet, Company 2iC Captain Blackadder, The Adjutant Captain Mainwairing ? Or perhaps you knew a Captain Kidd, Captain Birdseye, Captain Darling, Captain Slog, Captain Pugwash, Captain Corelli, Captain America, Captain Beefheart, Captain N Tenille or a Captain Kirk. Perhaps you may have served with a General Melchet, a L/Cpl. Jones or a Gunner Sugden or possibly even a Sergeant Pepper? Or those famous QARANCs Sister Sledge and Sister Matic?
  2. There was a Private Rea. Although Infantry, he was always addressed as Gunner....
  3. We had a corporal Major
  4. WO2 Ball - Q Ball and a Sgt pepper
  5. The Tankie claims he eventually became...you guessed it.
  6. on our company roll call in the 80,s the first guy was "allcock" with "balls" coming after him! :D fcuking priceless!
  7. I can't recall meeting anyone with names like that, so the best I can come up with is the character Major Major Major from Catch-22.
  8. we also had a sgt major Kill, and at Bovy sgt major Blood
  9. the local WW2 vet near me was major cox, my mates mum brought his house when he moved! :D
  10. We had a dentist called Captain Kirk.
  11. I once knew of a Sgt Slaughter.....
  12. An ex-Signaller who joined the Aussie Army is now Capt Kirk.

Also seen a Sgt Sergeant and a Sgt Major :D
  13. We had a Capt De'Ath in the Engineers
  14. You had a Sapper De'ath as wel,l in 9 Sqn. Quite handy in the boxing ring.

15. 2CS used to have a hoare followed by a house.
    Also had a bloke called Mashiter (no longer serving), I know deed poll would of got my custom had I been him.