• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Unfortunate Army Names

Seeing fellow arsser Mysteron's avatar - the evil Captain Black - got me thinking (PERSEC permitting) have you known any officers and gentlemen with similar such sobriquets for example Troop Commander Captain Scarlet, Company 2iC Captain Blackadder, The Adjutant Captain Mainwairing ? Or perhaps you knew a Captain Kidd, Captain Birdseye, Captain Darling, Captain Slog, Captain Pugwash, Captain Corelli, Captain America, Captain Beefheart, Captain N Tenille or a Captain Kirk. Perhaps you may have served with a General Melchet, a L/Cpl. Jones or a Gunner Sugden or possibly even a Sergeant Pepper? Or those famous QARANCs Sister Sledge and Sister Matic?

jibman said:
on our company roll call in the 80,s the first guy was "allcock" with "balls" coming after him! :D fcuking priceless!
2CS used to have a hoare followed by a house.
Also had a bloke called Mashiter (no longer serving), I know deed poll would of got my custom had I been him.

stacker1 said:
jibman said:
on our company roll call in the 80,s the first guy was "allcock" with "balls" coming after him! :D fcuking priceless!
2CS used to have a hoare followed by a house.
Also had a bloke called Mashiter (no longer serving), I know deed poll would of got my custom had I been him.
REME by any chance?

Latest Threads