Unfortunate Army Names

Seeing fellow arsser Mysteron's avatar - the evil Captain Black - got me thinking (PERSEC permitting) have you known any officers and gentlemen with similar such sobriquets for example Troop Commander Captain Scarlet, Company 2iC Captain Blackadder, The Adjutant Captain Mainwairing ? Or perhaps you knew a Captain Kidd, Captain Birdseye, Captain Darling, Captain Slog, Captain Pugwash, Captain Corelli, Captain America, Captain Beefheart, Captain N Tenille or a Captain Kirk. Perhaps you may have served with a General Melchet, a L/Cpl. Jones or a Gunner Sugden or possibly even a Sergeant Pepper? Or those famous QARANCs Sister Sledge and Sister Matic?

There was a Private Rea. Although Infantry, he was always addressed as Gunner....

We had a corporal Major

tropper66 said:
We had a corporal Major
The Tankie claims he eventually became...you guessed it.

on our company roll call in the 80,s the first guy was "allcock" with "balls" coming after him! :D fcuking priceless!

I can't recall meeting anyone with names like that, so the best I can come up with is the character Major Major Major from Catch-22.

tropper66 said:
We had a corporal Major
we also had a sgt major Kill, and at Bovy sgt major Blood

the local WW2 vet near me was major cox, my mates mum brought his house when he moved! :D

saintstone said:
We had a Capt De'Ath in the Engineers
You had a Sapper De'ath as wel,l in 9 Sqn. Quite handy in the boxing ring.

SK

jibman said:
on our company roll call in the 80,s the first guy was "allcock" with "balls" coming after him! :D fcuking priceless!
2CS used to have a hoare followed by a house.
Also had a bloke called Mashiter (no longer serving), I know deed poll would of got my custom had I been him.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Back in the 80's the Fleet Bridge Card listed a Captain Haddack RN .......

Bashibazooks !

Not strictly army but ;

Went to an Officers Mess do at Shorncliffe in the 80s and was informed of a 'Lt/Cdr Rupert Beare' on the guest list.

Never did follow it up.

stacker1 said:
jibman said:
2CS used to have a hoare followed by a house.
Also had a bloke called Mashiter (no longer serving), I know deed poll would of got my custom had I been him.
REME by any chance?

'kinhell ! Why was my post removed?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I The NAAFI Bar 127
Pielover The NAAFI Bar 2
Mangonel The NAAFI Bar 37