Unexpected thieving in the bagging area

ancienturion

LE
Book Reviewer
I am a sad fvcker.

Sometimes I pass the time of day with the checkout person (usually female) - but only if there isn't a queue behind me.

Some of them are nice people, and human too.

On local shops:
Here: Co-op, overpriced mini mart run by some really obnoxious recent arrivals & a butchers that's been on the go for more than 50 years.
Co-op saves me driving 5 miles for milk, I never use the mini mart but buy my meat from the butcher whenever possible, as it's nice to have mince that doesn't shed 10% or more of its weight in added water, sirloin & ribeye that have been dry aged for little more than the price of supermarket wet aged (more added water) & far tastier, plus he gives me a few metres of sausage casing for nowt whenever I need it (which reminds me; I must make sure I slip @Kirkz another length of Cumberland's finest next time he's up...).

Our local Co-Op has my friend's daughter working there plus her very attractive friend.

I am selective what I buy there but it's a sight more convenient than trogging into town, fighting for a parking space and having to fight through the traffic.

I am a sad fvcker.

Sometimes I pass the time of day with the checkout person (usually female) - but only if there isn't a queue behind me.

Some of them are nice people, and human too.
You've clearly never had the opportunity to shop at a Booths store. Top tip, you'll need to brush up on your 'Thee, thou, thur' and other incest related language.....and talk aboot t'village pub. Oh, and put up with goods that expire the day after you buy them....Northern equivelent of Waitrose, my fcuking arrse!

They've beaten you to it. It's called home delivery.
1963. Yep, a long time ago. Still at school and went to work for one of the old Arkwright type corner shops.
Old Mrs Whatsername would come in, leave a list with the owner (who did wear a brown overall) and he'd put all the items in a box and write down the cost in a little exercise book.
I would then put the box in the front of my bike (with a big, open basket type thingy) and pedal it round to Mrs Whatsername's house.
Beat this home delivery thing by at least 40 years.
Mrs Whatsername would then come in at the end of the week to settle the bill when she'd no doubt complain one of the eggs was smashed because one of us had put the packet of Daz on top of them.
Sometimes I'd even get sixpence from Mrs Whatsername (though not often).
Did this involve some Hovis and a steep hill?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nothing better to do with your time than go shopping? how quaint. just order on line and some oik will deliver it, while im out doing sport, drinking or killing stuff. the little woman will happily pack it into the appropriate cupboard. if i want something special i will always go through the tills as a timid and possibly pointless protest.

local Co-op..I especially like observing the queues to the the 'self serve' consoles whilst all the tills are closed and the tobacco counter (which also processes other shopping) has a bird stood behind it scratching her head at the lack of custom.

I think its a human nature thing...some will stay in a queue purely because there is someone behind them and... they WILL succeed in that queue before them.

on a different note...does anybody else suffer, whilst shopping with wife, and wife has the bank card/cash - upon almost being in the front of the queue at till-wife dashes off to get something she forgot and you are left looking like an utter c*nt as your purchases are processed at mach speed and have no way to pay?

Please tell me you really, really said that. :D
Yep he really is and I felt a tiny bit guilty for a nanosecond as i
Ah yes, that authentic ad shot by Ridley Scott (for it was he) in that typically Northumberland area of Dorset.
He has one of his many mansions just up the road from me and I once had a chance to bang his daughter.
I really should have. but she is a gwar.

Nice enough person though for a mega rich girl.

I had to stop myself from using rich bitch because it rhymes and sounds cool. But she really is OK.

Yes, brown,

You can create a vast spectrum of shades of brown by mixing the primary colors: red, blue, and yellow. If you are using paint, your best bet is to use a palette knife instead of a brush to achieve an even color. To make brown from primary colors, you will have to use two of the primary colors to create a secondary color, then and mix it with its complementary primary color.

Down south many are now running self service checkouts. One of the things that set Lidl apart from the others was the absence of those ******* tills. But no more. Some branches don't have them, usually because the demographic arrive in cars and do bigger shops, so self service checkouts are not practical.
You were scared off using the tills when a large colored fella scanning you items asked, "hey Honky, do you have a loyaty card".

on a different note...does anybody else suffer, whilst shopping with wife, and wife has the bank card/cash - upon almost being in the front of the queue at till-wife dashes off to get something she forgot and you are left looking like an utter c*nt as your purchases are processed at mach speed and have no way to pay?
Yes

Nope you've got me puzzled

Im familiar with
White - Your typical King Edward etc
Red - - Skins are pink - white inside
Violet / Bleu / Purple - dark purple skin and purple white interior

Brown ive never seen - not even as seed potatoes and ive had a good nosey through them looking for different types