Unexpected thieving in the bagging area

I like using them as well, quick and convenient for most things. But then I like to be a bit modern and not live in the last century.

As for those pretending to protect jobs by using the tills, you do this by using a supermarket that has put countless smaller shops out of business?
I see your point
Unfortunately - you cant really use the no longer existing little shop instead and of course arguably its staff now work for the big supermarket

The power of supermarkets - the damage its done to farmers and the poor consumer habits for perfect looking veg is another subject

I see your point
Unfortunately - you cant really use the no longer existing little shop instead and of course arguably its staff now work for the big supermarket
Compared to revenue lot less staff work in supermarket compared to small shops. Lots of little shops still struggling all over the place, mainly because people would rather Tesco et al got their money.

Compared to revenue lot less staff work in supermarket compared to small shops. Lots of little shops still struggling all over the place, mainly because people would rather Tesco et al got their money.
I agree - see my edit

Im no fan of the supermarkets and their Ryan air esque economics and treatment of staff

Along with Tensabarriers© (other annoying products are available) I pointedly refuse to use them and have been known to return my shopping to the shelves and walk out of the shop (WH Smiths at airports are cnuts for it) rather than be forced to use them when the manual till closes for tea break/piss break/prayer time.
Watch out for the Smith’s normal counter wannkkers.

Last week left UK and had to buy some Royal tat for her indoors.

Heathrow, WH Smith’s went to buy two for one tins of Royal biscuits?

OK two for one cost 5 quid less.

Also noticed in the UK , the staff now ask, Do you want you receipt?

Most say , no thanks and/or pay with the card as a swipe.

WH ****** asking the folks in front, Do you want your reciept. No.

To me , Do you want your.... yes.

On checking she had charged me for three tins at 10 quid each.

Taking my reciept , checking it and going back.

Oh sorry !it was an error. Please take the correct cash back.

Wonder how much they all scam a week?

Seems a bit excessive to destroy an entire country just to get rid of one evil genius. I'm sure there are off-shore islands in New Zealand that are out of the blast radius of a decent enough nuke that one could put him on.

I agree - see my edit

Im no fan of the supermarkets and their Ryan air esque economics and treatment of staff
The power of supermarkets - the damage its done to farmers and the poor consumer habits for perfect looking veg is another subject
Its brought prices down, provided a much larger range of products and made shopping a much easier convenience.

Watch out for the Smith’s normal counter wannkkers.

Last week left UK and had to buy some Royal tat for her indoors.

Heathrow, WH Smith’s went to buy two for one tins of Royal biscuits?

OK two for one cost 5 quid less.

Also noticed in the UK , the staff now ask, Do you want you receipt?

Most say , no thanks and/or pay with the card as a swipe.

WH ****** asking the folks in front, Do you want your reciept. No.

To me , Do you want your.... yes.

On checking she had charged me for three tins at 10 quid each.

Taking my reciept , checking it and going back.

Oh sorry !it was an error. Please take the correct cash back.

Wonder how much they all scam a week?
I assume you are aware you can see how much you are paying with a swipe card?
Its also extremely doubtful employees of a major store will pocket any money that has been rang through the tills incorrectly.

I hate little shops. They're awkwardly laid out, never have what you need, have expired items on the shelves, sell grubby generic brands at twice the price of a supermarket and anything you buy frozen has melted and refrozen. Anything not in a sealed packet has probably had the expiry date changed, if it had one at all. Then you have to speak to some useless foreigner who clones your card.

Give me Tesco Express and a self service checkout any day.

I assume you are aware you can see how much you are paying with a swipe card?
Its also extremely doubtful employees of a major store will pocket any money that has been rang through the tills incorrectly.
Err yes that’s why I checked, just how many people leaving the UK from Heathrow check their receipts?

I bet the ******* in all the shops make a fortune in miss selling and take home a few hundred quid a month .

I hate little shops. They're awkwardly laid out, never have what you need, have expired items on the shelves, sell grubby generic brands at twice the price of a supermarket and anything you buy frozen has melted and refrozen. Anything not in a sealed packet has probably had the expiry date changed, if it had one at all. Then you have to speak to some useless foreigner who clones your card.

Give me Tesco Express and a self service checkout any day.
It should be a trade descriptions offence to call anything with less than 20 aisles a supermarket. MY town is full of Abdul's supermarkets, most with only 2 aisles and catering for the local street drinkers. "THAT, Abdul me old china, is NOT a ficking supermarket....."

Err yes that’s why I checked, just how many people leaving the UK from Heathrow check their receipts?

I bet the ******* in all the shops make a fortune in miss selling and take home a few hundred quid a month .
You dont have to check the receipt, the total price will be on the screen when you swipe your card.

Which kind of nullifies the point of a self-service checkout.
Yes, but the supervisor is, in effect, training the customer- who they hope will one day cope on his own.

I quite like seeing the trembly of limb and the diffy of teeth-types use the manned (womanned) checkouts because the more of them who can’t cope with waving various comestibles in front of a sensor, the quicker I’ll be done and the **** out of there.