Unemployed & Well Off

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by fltpilot, Dec 11, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Perhaps learning about birth control would have helped!!
    So my taxes fund her life style?

Unemployed single mother on benefits who spends £2,000 on Christmas with 20 presents for each of her children.
    Leanna Broderick plans to give children designer outfits, iPads and jewellery.
    The 20-year-old has never worked and claims nearly £15,500 a year.
    Claims she is better off on benefits and last year saved £2,500.
    Said there was 'no point' getting minimum wage job and paying for childcare.

More at Daily Wail: Unemployed single mother on benefits who spends £2,000 on Christmas with 20 presents for each of her children | Mail Online
  2. I'm personally going to re-fuel the bus for this one... after I've converted the engine to run on kerosene.

Brb - off to butcher a Tornado.
  3. Good for her.They all look happy and healthy.Clean and tidy house.Kids look to be well fed and cared for.Don't see the problem.
    It's her money to do with as she sees fit.
    If she went to work,how much would she be spending on child care?
    • Like Like x 6
  4. "claims nearly £15,500 a year"

Oh I'm so envious.

She's making a killing.
    • Like Like x 6
  5. have to agree vanman ! she looks like she looks after the children well and saves where she can. I really cant see what she , herself , has done wrong. Yes blame the system or government but i think she is just doing her best with what she is dealt with . I agree there could be agruements for the moral values of showing her children how to earn and work for a living but I think that if we were all in her position we would prob do the same, I mena no-one would work all hours for less money than not working therefore depriving your kids !
    Sensible head off now ( as its the NAAFI) Yeh lets hang her grrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!!!
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Fixed.

6 and 2 threes. At least she isn't pumping out more, and slobbing about.
  7. The problem here is that there are people who slave away all their lives for 16k a year.

She's receiving 15.5k ffs.
    Hardly the world is it?

You'd be hard pressed to live on less. At least where I live, it would be impossible and that's without kids.
  8. yes but you are forgetting she will have her housing paid and council tax on top, so 15G to spend is actually quite good when you think about it.
  9. I don't see why they can't dish out food vouchers instead of benefit money. You won't starve, you'll eat quite well. You want holidays and £2k of presents? Get a job then...
    • Like Like x 7
  10. That's included in the 15k.

She gets £312 A MONTH in hard cash, and some milk and veg vouchers... BURN HER!!

I'd rather she takes her time to raise the kids properly, so that they maybe do better than their mother and won't need support.

I also wouldn't want a young family to have to live on the streets in my country.
    • Like Like x 10
  11. article-2246104-167397A7000005DC-516_306x304.jpg

Right £524 of that can be deducted from the total because unless she's not paying rent & council tax it doesn't actually come into the equation. So this leaves £766 for the three of them out of which she can continue her luxury lifestyle, which includes designer outfits, holidays abroad, clubbing, lunches out and expensive gifts for her daughters Zelekah, two, and Zakirah, one. + pay for the utilities, food & she still manages to save £250 per month for Xmas presents.
  12. There's Tax Blokes waiting at the side of the road. Thee'll get nicked.

Anyone remember when diesel was cheap? Until ordinary folk started running vehicles on it?
    • Like Like x 2
  13. She get's £80 a week to spend. If she manages to save up £2000 by the end of the year, fair play.

Maybe you guys should actually look at the facts and figures (and see through the juiced up DM bits) before jumping on the outrage bus.
    • Like Like x 1
  14. You should write for the DM.

This article is just another example of the demonisation of the underclass and the poor by the right wing media.

It has worked though, people are distracted by poor people getting a few hundred quid a month, while politicians and big business is scamming away for billions.
    • Like Like x 2
  15. Divide and Rule, works very well.