Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undocumented illegal entries and asylum seekers are a threat to national security?

However, under the EU Dublin Regulation, we could send them back to another EU Country under certain circumstances, we are still bound by that until the end of the transition period. After Full Brexit in January we loose that lever, being no longer part of Schengen or Dublin III, nor have we yet established agreements or treaties with the EU/Individual member States ((other than the limited Le Touquet Treaty with France) and there may be some considerable time until we can. A No Deal Brexit guarantees that we we lose any mechanisms to return asylum, seekers or immigrants to the Continent.
[Snip]
It's not an easy one to solve.

No it's not. A fleet of floating fortresses armed with miniguns parked at the midpoint of the channel would be a good lever. And the ones that do get through can suddenly find themselves on a G4S RIB back to France. If they can slip through the French border inbound, we can do the same outbound.

So why do they come, well,
You could have replaced the rest of that para with the words 'Black market economy in London'.

As for our return jihadi bride in the OP, she was born in the UK, and has British Citizenship. However the government has claimed she has Bangladeshi Citizenship, or at least the automatic right to which would make it easier for us to strip her of her Citizenship.

Bangladesh however are saying " Get bent, no she hasn't. Not our problem matey."

And as we can't legally rendered anybody Stateless we find ourselves in this long running legal saga of Yes/No/ Appeal.

We don't have Jus sanguinis (citizenship by blood) here,. We have Jus soli (citizenship by territory) but with massive restrictions, in this case "behave or you won't be allowed back in if you join a foreign terrorist group." Since we withdrew her passport, as we had every right to do, she now has a claim to Bangladesh via the father, so she isn't stateless.

We got our action in before Bangladesh did, so they are left holding the baby (literally) when the music stopped! :)

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
We don't have Jus sanguinis (citizenship by blood) here,. We have Jus soli (citizenship by territory) but with massive restrictions, in this case "behave or you won't be allowed back in if you join a foreign terrorist group." Since we withdrew her passport, as we had every right to do, she now has a claim to Bangladesh via the father, so she isn't stateless.

We got our action in before Bangladesh did, so they are left holding the baby (literally) when the music stopped! :)

I make no claim in my post that she is British through jus sanguinus, I specifically state she was born here, her British citizenship is through jus soli.

She has not got Bangladeshi Citizenship because neither she or her family applied for it, if they had we wouldn't be in this bind.

The thrust of the Govt argument that she cannot be stateless because she automatically gains Bangladeshi citizenship via her parents falls apart. Bangladesh has repeatedly stated that she fails to meet the criteria for citizenship because she and her family never applied for it or visited the country.

We are bound by our own law here, we can't make her stateless, (we can stop her roaming by removing her passport yes, but not her citizenship as she does not have a secondary citizenship to fall back on), because it requires the HS/HO/Courts to establish that she has a "reasonable chance" of obtaining another. As she cannot, both through Bangladeshi Citizenship requirements (She would need to apply for DNC), and the explicit rejection of any citizenship by the Country in question prior to UK attempts to strip her of her British Citizenship that leaves us where we are.

You are making the presumption that she automatically has Bangladeshi Citizenship through jus sanguinus, and that is not the case.

I think this case is going to run for a bit.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
No it's not. A fleet of floating fortresses armed with miniguns parked at the midpoint of the channel would be a good lever. And the ones that do get through can suddenly find themselves on a G4S RIB back to France. If they can slip through the French border inbound, we can do the same outbound.

This is just stupid, it would not work. The only way we could turn guns upon small boats is if they could be proved to be an imminent threat to UK Personnel, installations at sea or our territory. They would have to be visibly armed and executing an act of violence.

Turning miniguns on unarmed refugees in small would see Britain turned into an international pariah immediately for having breached UN Convention of the High Seas and the personnel that order and carryout such an act prosecuted for murder under our own laws.

This is just stupid, it would not work. The only way we could turn guns upon small boats is if they could be proved to be an imminent threat to UK Personnel, installations at sea or our territory. They would have to be visibly armed and executing an act of violence.

Turning miniguns on unarmed refugees in small would see Britain turned into an international pariah immediately for having breached UN Convention of the High Seas and the personnel that order and carryout such an act prosecuted for murder under our own laws.

Let me be so bold as to make a prediction - PMCs, who are not encumbered by LOAC, will be operating with legal impunity and government contracts within 10 years. It won't be in the English Channel, but further afield to prevent people reaching the Mediterranean in the first place. Truly tragic, but no one will be unduly concerned.

"Undocumented illegal entries and asylum seekers are a threat to national security?"

Wasn't it colonists and undocumented illegal immigrants of military age who created their own army and seized a province of Mexico that is now called Texas?

I'm not saying I want longhorns in Chipping Norton but I am saying it needs to be stopped and the lot shipped back to their own safe shores or the first safe haven they entered illegally.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
"Undocumented illegal entries and asylum seekers are a threat to national security?"

Wasn't it colonists and undocumented illegal immigrants of military age who created their own army and seized a province of Mexico that is now called Texas?

I'm not saying I want longhorns in Chipping Norton but I am saying it needs to be stopped and the lot shipped back to their own safe shores or the first safe haven they entered illegally.

How exactly are they going to do that in the UK in this day and age?

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
S

Stanstead

How are they going to acquire a sufficient arsenal to hold off UKAF?

How will they achieve sufficient mass to hold off UKAF?

How are they how are to either of the above without the Security & Intelligence Services noticing?

How are the widely disparate national, religious and political groups going to form a cohesive unit with the intelligence, capability and planning abilities to carry out such an act without being seen?

The most successful terrorist movement in British History couldn't achieve that, even with a porous border, external funding, arms supplies and a significant supportive populace.

Let me be so bold as to make a prediction - PMCs, who are not encumbered by LOAC, will be operating with legal impunity and government contracts within 10 years. It won't be in the English Channel, but further afield to prevent people reaching the Mediterranean in the first place. Truly tragic, but no one will be unduly concerned.

Been thinking similar thoughts myself.

There are going to be caravans of starving Africans, especially, desperate to get into Europe in the next 30- 40 years, and there will be no choice but to turn the guns on them.......

Forget all this Green nonsense, the coming catastrophe is out of control populations.

We really need to start aggressive birth control right now, to avoid the coming bloodbath.

Kill off Africa.
It can be turned into the world's most productive farm. Both land and Sea.

We just need to eradicate the fecking idiots who are fecking up the planets biggest resource.
Employ birth control, use the population to grow the things that people need. Pay them well, educate them, give them the HOPE that they need to WANT to stay in Africa. We need to get a grip as a planet..

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Kill off Africa.
It can be turned into the world's most productive farm. Both land and Sea.

We just need to eradicate the fecking idiots who are fecking up the planets biggest resource.
Employ birth control, use the population to grow the things that people need. Pay them well, educate them, give them the HOPE that they need to WANT to stay in Africa. We need to get a grip as a planet..
1. You'll have to deal with the Christians and Muslims trying to out-breed each other.
2. China is already buying up Africa without applying any of the strings that we do.
3. Pay who? The place is corrupt. Utterly, irrevocably corrupt.

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
Just as a matter of int rest how many do you think we could afford to send back / the wont be flown out or get a boat ticket for free will they ?

Been thinking similar thoughts myself.

There are going to be caravans of starving Africans, especially, desperate to get into Europe in the next 30- 40 years, and there will be no choice but to turn the guns on them.......

Forget all this Green nonsense, the coming catastrophe is out of control populations.

We really need to start aggressive birth control right now, to avoid the coming bloodbath.

Simples. Catch the boats in the channel. All passengers DNA tested to determine where to send them. Soldiers or civvy volunteers to give them a good going over, with injuries sufficient to render them unable to attempt the return here, and faces so destroyed that nobody will want to breed with them. When word gets back to Somalia or Afganistan, they will stop coming over. Drop them off by parachute, or clandestine beach landing at night.

Priti might be struggling with II's and asylum types, but she seams to have a grip on getting rid of foreign criminals. Whilst receiving condemnation from what I'd call privileged black luvvies and such like.

How are they going to acquire a sufficient arsenal to hold off UKAF?

How will they achieve sufficient mass to hold off UKAF?

How are they how are to either of the above without the Security & Intelligence Services noticing?

How are the widely disparate national, religious and political groups going to form a cohesive unit with the intelligence, capability and planning abilities to carry out such an act without being seen?

The most successful terrorist movement in British History couldn't achieve that, even with a porous border, external funding, arms supplies and a significant supportive populace.
Ship it in
They’re already here
SIS are too busy
Our borders are wide open. Anyone can get in or bring anything in

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Ship it in
They’re already here
SIS are too busy
Our borders are wide open. Anyone can get in or bring anything in

Non of that addresses the specifics of what I asked. How would they do it?

They don't have the coherance or organisational capability. The populations are too divided on national and religious grounds.

If the IRA, with external funding, external supplies, the benefit of home ground and a supportive populace, living astride a porous border could not do it they these guys can't.

Here’s what you do.....
Put loads of guns and ammunition in to a box, place in to the boot of a car, cover with blanket, drive car to England via a ferry port, get ignored by Border Force, distribute to criminals. It’s that ******* easy!

The Government was actively pursuing the IRA and its foreign connections. A white, English couple coming back from a P&O mid week break, don’t draw attention. The reason why people get caught is either because they’re stupid or they get grassed, or by pure luck

Latest Threads