Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Undocumented illegal entries and asylum seekers are a threat to national security?

I don't like the idea of people whom we know nothing about coming here and being allowed to stay, they can easily make up any cock and bull story and get free legal aid.

I'm guessing it's a no-nonsense argument, once brexit has happened and we aren'y technically bound by any particulars like the ECJ and ECHR can we speed up the process of deporting illegal asylum seekers and also a process of fingerprinting them so once they have been deported if they try and enrol BRP again they can be flagged?

If you ask me the masses of people we know about whom aren't investigated via the appropriate visa screening process vs people whom have been checked albeit whatever the HO does to satisfy they are safe to let in is more of a logical thought process?

I don't like the idea of people whom we know nothing about coming here and being allowed to stay, they can easily make up any cock and bull story and get free legal aid.

I'm guessing it's a no-nonsense argument, once brexit has happened and we aren'y technically bound by any particulars like the ECJ and ECHR can we speed up the process of deporting illegal asylum seekers and also a process of fingerprinting them so once they have been deported if they try and enrol BRP again they can be flagged?

If you ask me the masses of people we know about whom aren't investigated via the appropriate visa screening process vs people whom have been checked albeit whatever the HO does to satisfy they are safe to let in is more of a logical thought process?

We pretty much wrote the ECHR after WW2 and its nothing to do with Brexit or the EU.

Edited to add by we I mean the UK (lawyers).

g4eddie

Old-Salt
unfortunately the ECHR is separate and unless we specifically withdraw which could itself be challenged we are still bound under international law.

It's bit late now. Thousands are here already and have done just what you wrote. If the weather was better in teh Channel more would be coming.

It would take a bold and ruthless person to evict them now and outside of arrse I don't see one.

It's bit late now. Thousands are here already and have done just what you wrote. If the weather was better in teh Channel more would be coming.

It would take a bold and ruthless person to evict them now and outside of arrse I don't see one.
Priti Patel is ruthless as it comes

Didn't ya know she's a bully?

Jasenite

Old-Salt

The answer to the thread title is obviously an emphatic yes. Need we say/drone on, more?

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer

'Uncompromising' might be a better word than 'ruthless'. The latter implies a lack of compassion, the former an unwillingness to make concessions. Well, why should we make concessions?

I think that ruthless is the correct word as I imagine that the wailing, gnashing of teeth and general whinging would be of Biblical proportions.

Mass immigration is a treat to society as a whole.

Agreed
Take Poland, they have it about right. There are millions of immigrants there who have fled conflict, Ukranians. They assimilitate well into Polish culture and have 'shared values'.

What the Poles have refused to do is accept a tidal wave of people who do not behave as Ukranians do. Good on them too.

I had a very interesting discussion about this very issue recently with an FCO chap who worked with FRONTEX in Greece . Discretion prevents me from posting publicly what he said.

I had a very interesting discussion about this very issue recently with an FCO chap who worked with FRONTEX in Greece . Discretion prevents me from posting publicly what he said.
tease!

Its nothing to do with Brexit, ECJ and ECHR. Its all the fault of this baby.

Convention relating to the Status of Refugees.

Until we either withdraw from the 1951 UN Convention on Refugees, or countries in the West get together to update the convention nothing will happen. This seems very unlikely. The convention was written with the situation in Eastern Europe after WW2 wiith many people fleeing from the NKVD into West Germany and other places in only the clothes they stood up in. At the time it was written this was actually happening with many North Korean refugees cramming into Allied ships with UN forces to escape the Chinese and NK forces.

It didn't envisage large numbers of people coming from the M.E. Africa and Asia having paid large sums of money to people smuggling gangs, passing though many safe counties with the conivance of NGO's with many delibrately destroying any documentation that they have. Many of these people come from safe countries and are economic immigrants who have no valid asylum claim. They may come from very poor countries and want a better life but there is no obligation on the west to give them this. Indeed they welfare system would soon be overwhelmed if there were open borders.

Until there is a concerted effort to put the people smuggling gangs out of buisness, rein in the NGO's and put economic pressure on the countries these people come ffrom to take them back, Europe wide, then this problem will just trundle on like it has for the last twenty years and more with the far right getting stronger and stronger.

Priti and Bojo are not wrong when they say that 'our asylum system is broken', but this statement doesn't just apply to the UK. It needs to be reset so that those in genuine need of asylum (think Yazidi women, Christians in the Middle East and Pakistan etc) don't get overlooked or left out due to the system being overwhelmed and being held in public disapproval which seems to be happening now.

Last edited:
I can probably help here. He said "The system is f*cked HM and until someone gets a grip of it, it is going to stay that way for the foreseeable future" or something close to that, didn't he.

Latest Threads