Undiscovered Natural Resources in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Modfather, Nov 14, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. They've been known about for years, since the Ruskies did all the surveys in the 80's. The problem is; how do you get it all out?

2. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I thought that there was also a need to get a trans-afghan pipeline in for gas, or has that bitten the dust?

3. Oh come on,
    There are now known undiscovered resources? Look at the dates. This is an obvious atempt to try and move motives.

4. It has been noticed that Soldiers Returning from Afganistan on R&R have been bringing a quantity of sand in their kit and selling it on to Blackpool and Skegness Beaches. The English tourist board realised the beaches would be washed away within the next 10 years unless we import the sand. The MOD were told at a Cobra meeting three years ago to use special agents to steal the sand and deliver to the UK before a National Disaster takes place.

Its all true, no rumours honest.
    ok lets see if some eager eyed reporter gets his breaking news report in before the papers are printed tonight :wink:

5. ?? Alexander the great knew about the Gems and gold in Afghanisan as did countless others for thousands of years. Lapis was being smuggled out for years to fund Terry Taliban, its not news, its history. :roll:

6. Find it highly amusing that they found an abundance of SAND and GRAVEL??

7. I transported an ex afghan army bloke who fought for the Russians. He talked about the large amount of resources there and even mentioned that Pakistan had got some Uranium from Afghan mines for their bombs.

Dunno if he was full of it.

<shrug>

8. OPSEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Are you trying to put me out off business???

9. Nicely dug chaps :)

10. How much did you get for yours last week, have a safe journey back.

11. I hears there's lots of poppy growing potential there.

12. So is there scope for a florist to set up an interflora buissness over there.