Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

underrated films.

arfah

LE
I’ll chime in with:

“Uncle Buck.”
John Candy.
Is Buck responsible enough to babysit his brother’s children?

And “Summer rental” also John Candy.
Family vacation beset by mishaps - underdog movie.

Tiananmen Square, without the happy ending...
Didn't end well for the chap I assume? :? I remember a similar scene from "The Beast" about a Soviet tank crew in Afghanistan in the 1980s. The tank commander used a villager to provide some traction under one of his tracks to get unstuck. Harsh, but fair. And messy.

The Beast.JPG

Stabwedge

Clanker
I’ll chime in with:

“Uncle Buck.”
John Candy.
Is Buck responsible enough to babysit his brother’s children?

And “Summer rental” also John Candy.
Family vacation beset by mishaps - underdog movie.
Another underrated John Candy movie is The Great Outdoors.
John Candy takes his family on a nostalgic holiday to a cabin, only to be outshone by his irritating Brother in Law (Dan Ackroyd) who he doesn't know will be there. Very, very good.

legobrick

Clanker
For me it would have to be Water, with Micheal Caine, Billy Connolly, Leonard Rossiter and Fulton Mackay. Well worth a watch if you can find it online.

For me it would have to be Water, with Micheal Caine, Billy Connolly, Leonard Rossiter and Fulton Mackay. Well worth a watch if you can find it online.

I like the scene with the mercenaries on the beach.

The leader of the mercenaries in Water was played by Paul Heiney who was a presenter on That's Life. He was making a series called In At The Deep End, which saw him and the other bloke, Chris Searle, doing various jobs. The only other one I remember is Searle becoming a professional snooker player, and Steve 'Interesting' Davis telling him that he would never be a pro.

84C MOPIC - a very low budget Vietnam War film about LRRPS. Normally low budget means cheap and nasty but this is well done and atmospheric. Technically it's a 'found footage' film - done way before Blair Witch was even thought of

In the same vein,BAT 21, with Gene hackman and Danny Glover.

The leader of the mercenaries in Water was played by Paul Heiney who was a presenter on That's Life. He was making a series called In At The Deep End, which saw him and the other bloke, Chris Searle, doing various jobs. The only other one I remember is Searle becoming a professional snooker player, and Steve 'Interesting' Davis telling him that he would never be a pro.

I remember Heiney going to Ollie Reed for tips on being a nasty bastard and getting slung out on his ear after about ten minutes.

ETA:

Latest Threads