Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

underrated films.

The Highwaymen. Absolutely fantastic film on Netflix.

This is actually a well known film, it's just that it only watchable on Netflix so unless you have Netflix or know someone with Netflix, you'll have no luck trying to watch it anywhere else.

Still no DVD/Bluray release date for this, I'd buy a copy in a heartbeat when it comes out.

Last edited:
This is actually a well known film, it's just that it only watchable on Netflix so unless you have Netflix or know someone with Netflix, you'll have no luck trying to watch it anywhere else.

Still no DVD/Bluray release date for this, I'd buy a copy in a heartbeat when it comes out.
So good I watched it twice.

Yokel

LE
Does anyone remember the Harrison Ford film Regarding Henry? It is about a stockbroker who gets shot whilst a store gets robbed whilst he was in it, and he has to go through the process of rehabilitation so he can live independently. As a result he has a complete rethink of life and his relationships with his wife and daughter.

Does anyone remember the Harrison Ford film Regarding Henry? It is about a stockbroker who gets shot whilst a store gets robbed whilst he was in it, and he has to go through the process of rehabilitation so he can live independently. As a result he has a complete rethink of life and his relationships with his wife and daughter.
Yes quite a good film as I recall with HF not so wooden as he usually is.

Yes, I remember this as well

Help, a Beatles film.
Rumpole of the Bailey in brown face with an associated welsh accent.
Victor Spinetti slagging off MOD procurement.

And a very, very disturbing scene with Dianne Abbott feeling horny-no wonder it's not shown anymore.

The Invisibles

The Invisibles. A 2017 German film telling the story of four young German Jews - two men and two women who go underground in Berlin from 1942 to 1945 to avoid being deported to the concentration camps. About 7.000 German jews went underground in Berlin during the war and about 1,500 survived.

They were hidden by ordinary German families from all walks of life who took great risks of torture by the Gestapo and being sent to a concentration camp themselves. Its one thing to risk your life in battle for yourself and your mates, but a totatally different kind of courage to risk the lives of your familly to help someone not known to you who is being persecuted and in fear of their lives.

It also shows that life is not really black and white but different shades of grey. The Gestapo had a network of spies and informers looking out for these underground jews and their helpers, one of whom was the imfamous Stella Goldschlag, a blue eyed, blonde haired young jewish women who was working as an informer for the Gestapo rooting out jews in hiding and denouncing them to the Gestapo. One of the men helping the jews was outwardly an ardent Nazi official.

A truly inspirational film telling a little known story.

Stella Goldschlag.