Underpants/boxers

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by the_beer_man, Jul 10, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know this topic exists somewhere but you can imagine the threads that come up when you type "underpants" into the search function.

Looking for advice on decent all round underwear. I sweat a lot and can't seem to find any pants that don't ride up my arse. So far I've tried:

Pants: good for not riding up my crack but get major chaffage between my legs.

Cotton loose fit boxers: ok'ish but soak up sweat, ride ip my arse then I get chaffage between the legs and in some cases nappy rash.

Jersey trunks (short and long): fantastic for about an hour. Then they fill with sweat, ruffle up and get stuck up my crack.

Support/cycling shorts: these appear to be the best so far. Wear them for tabbing and general pt with no dramas. Wear them any longer than a few hours (let's say a 24hrs of an ex before changing them) and they make me sweat to the point of smelling like I've got a rotten knob.

Any suggestions. I'm looking for an all rounder that's good for most things. Specific makes or styles that work for you. I've thought of going commando but would still have the chaffage problem. Tried shaving my balls to cool things down between my legs but that didn't work either.

TBM

2. Commando, my under-cracker confused brother. Free as a bird.

3. How about you lose a few stone first?

4. Cycle shorts mate. Who cares if you smell like an Arabs armpit when you are out of the gate. Get a wash when you get back.

5. There'd be nothing left of me. I'm roughly 12.5 st.

6. Roger that, but if you're only 5' 6" tall you should lose the poundage. If you keep wedging yourself there's probably a basic size problem. As for honking around the crutch, sort your personal admin you minger. Heard of foo-foo dust?

7. The new-ish speedos have the longer leg and look more like cycling shorts and could be just the thing you're looking for. They're designed for Triathlon events where you can't really get changed between swimming, cycling and running stages.

Do a search [as you like that activity] for speedos and you'll find the sort of thing I mean.

8. check EBay.......the wife has some for sale!!

9. Grumblegrunt

Grumblegrunt LE Book Reviewer

the new combat kecks have silver threads so are antibacterial which would help the festering 1 shower a week smell.

you could also wear regular lycra shorts and powder to soak up the sweat and make you smell luverly.

I've been in lycra for decades and for the past 8 years have been using adsa swimming shorts.

10. I had some serious chaffage one ex, so much so I think I drew blood, after that no undercrackers were ever worn again, and a small tub of sudocreme was in my belt kit no matter what.

11. As long as they are cotton, and you are clean, nuffink better than boxies. Or some jersey nick nacks. Short ones.

(So you can see a bit of cheek).

Anything cotton, you will be fine with.

12. Wear a kilt.

• Like Like x 1
  13. With no undeepundees.

I will need photos as proof.