• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Underground military museum North Wales

I can remember visiting this in the mid 80's as a kid it was located in the mine were the bouncing bombs etc were stored and had one of the only known surviving LRDG Chevy wagons left(it had been uncovered in Lybia?. Anyone know what happened to both the museum and and Chevy?

brettarider said:
I can remember visiting this in the mid 80's as a kid it was located in the mine were the bouncing bombs etc were stored and had one of the only known surviving LRDG Chevy wagons left(it had been uncovered in Lybia?. Anyone know what happened to both the museum and and Chevy?
Used to love that place - I might still have a guidebook at my mum and dad's.

Closed down a long time ago - early 1990s ISTR.

Hi,

The chev. is now in the IWM, London, (where it can't go rusty, unlike in the underground museum).

Best Regards,

b_flat

datumhead said:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5419&highlight=millitary+museum

This the place? :?

The boat at mostyn is rumoured to be cut up soon :( ....but as allways the people who did'nt want it there...now dont want it to go :roll:
That indeed is the place used to have a Sherman parked up at the entrance

datumhead said:
http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=5419&highlight=millitary+museum

This the place? :?

The boat at mostyn is rumoured to be cut up soon :( ....but as allways the people who did'nt want it there...now dont want it to go :roll:
"What's the "boat" at Mostyn? When I lived in Colwyn Bay and went by train to Chester, I recall seeing a small ex-RN vessel moored up in a creek somewhere near Flint... This was back in the 1970's.

PB

Hi few year's late here but my dad also use to take me to this place alot to been trying to find out the location for years so i can show my son the area dose any one know exact location any info most will be very much appreciated :D

Hi few year's late here but my dad also use to take me to this place alot to been trying to find out the location for years so i can show my son the area dose any one know exact location any info most will be very much appreciated :D
Hi,

It was called The Grange Cavern Military Museum.

The link is to a ebsite with a copy of their old flyer, with a map to get there at the bottom, although I think the A55 is not in the same place.

grange cavern | the home front museum

Best Regards,

b_flat

If that boat is the "Duke of lancaster)? then its the one that took us to Belfast for the first time, sailed out of Heysham if memory serves me right,bloody awful trip.

Ayah right. The Holywell/Mold area IS very purty.......except for all the Welsh! But it's ok, the Scousers and Mancs are creeping in and diluting it

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Latest Threads