Undercover in Surrey?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by muhandis89, Jun 8, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good!

2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

I live there, and I can tell you, it's not really what I'd call Bandit Country. A mate of mine's old man was a Copper in Epsom for many years and he said it was the quietest place in Surrey (which is saying something) apart from once a year, when hordes of Pikeys descend on the area to meet up, swap horses, and rob the locals. Over half the annual crime was in two weeks around Derby Day!

Other than that, there cannot be an awful lot for the plod to do. I've been in my place six years now, and though we occassionally see a Traffic car flashing past chasing a motorist, I've never actually seen a copper walking about anywhere, either in towns or villages or in the countryside.

3. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Well you might see two more walking soon, if they get a ban!

4. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

Somehow I find it difficult to believe that a Chief Superintendant, and a Superintendant, will continue to be involved in the day to day covert surveillance of Johnny Criminal.

This was nothing more than them both trying to prevent their neighbours, and golf clubs, from finding out that they had been accused of being naughty boys.

5. Waddaya mean 2 more? We haven't seen any at all walking around here for years.

6. Quote.

I've never actually seen a copper walking about anywhere, either in towns or villages or in the countryside.

Well you wouldn't their all covert.

7. I can't see what type covert work a Chief Super and a Superintendant could possibly have been doing from thier offices. It's also highly likely they have not arrested anyone for atleast ten years so I can't see what the problem is with releasing their home addresses.

8. Funny.... I never noticed that rubber plant in my office before.. oh well..