Under Officer Rank?

Was just wondering, if someone has passed AOSB and has been given a place at Sandhurst but is yet to start training, are they referred to as an Under Officer??

Was just wondering, if someone has passed AOSB and has been given a place at Sandhurst but is yet to start training, are they referred to as an Under Officer??
No. You are an Officer Cadet on joining RMAS and if you have the hallowed calling to be selected for the Cadet Government then the top of the pile are the Senior Under officers then obviously the JUOs.
So I would suggest you stick with Mr/Ms or Miss at the moment until your life is turned upside down when you enter the system.

D

Deleted 15653

Years back in Germany one of my colleagues, a Cpl passed RCB as it was then and had three months before going to RMAS. The CO allowed him to wear OCdt slides, he was addressed as Mr, or Sir but not saluted. Mostly he shaddowed the Sqn 2IC. We didn't mind as he was a good egg and turned into a first rate officer.

No. Under Officer appointments are made during training.

This. Under-Officer, like Officer Cadet, is an appointment rather than a rank. Certainly, my paysheets all said "OCdt Gravelbelly", then "Private Class 4" or "Private Class 2".

Of course, I could be completely out of date with all this, and I await correction :)

JUOs and SUOs are appointments, not ranks. Senior to non-appointed OCdts, yet still OCdts.

Just like FofS, RSM, CofW, ASM, AcSM etc are all WO1 appointments. Well, not "just" like ;)

Latest Threads