Unconventional training methods

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by CplFoodspoiler, Dec 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Whilst working in Libya circa 1979 I had charge of accommodation and catering services at a remote desert location. My staff were all drawn from various asian countries and although thier standard of work was generally okay; hygiene was an unheard of theory. The kitchen was made up of several porta cabins bolted toghether with all doors and windows fitted with fly screens, most of which were broken. Consequently the kitchen area was well populated with flies of all sizes and colour, as well as a rather bad cockroach infestation. To get my point across I decided to show that flies and food, especially the butchery area (lots and lots of raw goat and copious amounts of blood,) were a BAD thing, I palmed a currant and, with all the kitchen staff watching, clapped my hands together then opened them up to show a squashed fly (currant) which I popped into my mouth and with much smacking of lips and swallowing, devoured the 'fly'. I then palmed a half of a dried apricot and flinging open a drawer smashed my hand onto the base. Presented one squashed 'cockroach to the slack jawed onlookers and promptly devoured it.
    I hasted to add that I had previously cleaned said drawer and lined it with fresh greasproof paper - I'm not that crazy.
    Result was several days of frantic clapping and drawers being pulled off the runners. Oh how I laughed. One has to make ones own entertainment in the desert dont'cha know.
  2. Still no change with the hygiene out there mate. Dirty Brassards.
  3. And to think I thought Tommy Cooper was dead :? :? :? :? :?
  4. CplFoodspoiler

CplFoodspoiler War Hero Book Reviewer

Alas he is, may rest in peace - Not like that... like that!