Unclean! Arrsers with the virus

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I’ve had laryngitis before, this feels like it is actually in the lungs.

To be honest I’m hoping it is Coronavirus, just wanna get it out the way.

“I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get confirmed Covid19.”
you got a hospital near in case it turns nasty ?
hopefully its a mild case and clears up quickly
but you have our permission to milk it for all its worth !!

I have enough homebrew here that I could have kept sluggy drunk for about a week, normal humans it should do several months of heavy drinking.

I have run out of beer though, at the moment I have

Rum
Gin
More Rum
Whiskey
Strawberry schnapps
Peach Schnapps
mint choc thing
Mead (about 20 litres of various flavours from 'Jesus I've gone blind' through to 'thats awesome, however I've gone blind')
half a bottle of port (AKA 'Lobito' as I thought it was going to be awful)
Pineapple schnapps
Parsnip wine
and an elderflower paint stripper
Brandy
unflavoured alcohol wash - not decided what it's going to become

commercial stuff
Sake
prosecco (it was free)
Prosecco?

Good grief. I'm pretty sure we could source at least one round for the Webley.

I’ve had laryngitis before, this feels like it is actually in the lungs.

To be honest I’m hoping it is Coronavirus, just wanna get it out the way.

“I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get confirmed Covid19.”
See, there’s always bloody one who has to show off and have the latest fad thing in the playground first.

Seriuosly though you go bleating straight to a Doc if you think you have it.

In fact, I expect to see everyone here online, showing hungover grin, in 12 months. No excuses, if you die, run it off.

Simmerit had the suggestion and I think its a good un. A thread for arrsers who are not well. Maybe at least we can keep our spirits up, and possibly let each other know how we are progressing. If it does get bad, we might all lend a hand to help each other*

There seems to be a strange reluctance to admit to having the virus so I will kick it off. I almost certainly do have it. I have the full English of symptoms and I am self-isolating, mainly because I feel so ill I dont want to do bugger all else. Apparently I am at the shortness of breath stage, which is pretty crap. I have never smoked and its awful.

Size 9 1/2 Altbergs before anyone asks.

Before anyone else gets the idea, I am going to get COVID19 survivor t shirts and badges made. Herd immunity is the way to go.

*I need toilet paper
Beer
Potatoes
Silicone vaginas**

*Not necessarily in that order. My wife is back in Russia.
Zimmerclit constantly seeks the approval of others and is self obsessed with pleasing his elders and betters and being in their good books.

Fecking sniveling Creep. Yet more attention seeking from him....... and you, yes, you, who encourage him are no better ;-)

Prosecco?

Good grief. I'm pretty sure we could source at least one round for the Webley.

It's not for drinking ffs, it's in case we run low on water for handwashing or flushing the loo

See, there’s always bloody one who has to show off and have the latest fad thing in the playground first.

Seriuosly though you go bleating straight to a Doc if you think you have it.

In fact, I expect to see everyone here online, showing hungover grin, in 12 months. No excuses, if you die, run it off.
Good drills, a 10 miler with 100lb in an A frame sorts all ills.

Simmerit had the suggestion and I think its a good un. A thread for arrsers who are not well. Maybe at least we can keep our spirits up, and possibly let each other know how we are progressing. If it does get bad, we might all lend a hand to help each other*

There seems to be a strange reluctance to admit to having the virus so I will kick it off. I almost certainly do have it. I have the full English of symptoms and I am self-isolating, mainly because I feel so ill I dont want to do bugger all else. Apparently I am at the shortness of breath stage, which is pretty crap. I have never smoked and its awful.

Size 9 1/2 Altbergs before anyone asks.

Before anyone else gets the idea, I am going to get COVID19 survivor t shirts and badges made. Herd immunity is the way to go.

*I need toilet paper
Beer
Potatoes
Silicone vaginas**

*Not necessarily in that order. My wife is back in Russia.
I think this is a good call. At the very least - assuming no one pegs it, it should reassure people that get it and give them the chance to ask anyone that’s got it had it what it’s like.

it’s day 7 for me and it’s still going strong. I started with the cough, aching muscles, temperature, exhaustion and at its worst I’d say about 55% lung capacity which was scary. As I said, felt like I’d still smoked 40 Marlboro Red a day for the last 15 years which is when I stopped.

Those symptoms changed after about three days and the breathing problems vanished over night. It was completely bizarre. Then they came back - lung capacity about 80% at the minute.

so at day 7 where am I? Lung capacity about 80%. Lungs feel scarred. My body is unable to regulate its temperature which is a tad worrying. Last night I must have sweated a gallon. Bed absolutely drenched. I feel exhausted all of the time. That said, I’ve worked all through it - no choice.

I went on antibiotics 2 days ago for a chest and sinus infection. I’m hoping they are going to address some issues so my body can beat this horrible fcuker. Aspirin helps a lot by the way - keeps temperature down.

am I going to die? I dont think so. When will I be sorted? Dunno. Tomorrow? Two days? A week? Fcuk knows. My worry is lasting lung damage.

I’m a fit and healthy 55 year old. I work out 5 days a week and cardio is also good and it’s absolutely decked me.

Zimmerclit constantly seeks the approval of others and is self obsessed with pleasing his elders and betters and being in their good books.

Fecking sniveling Creep. Yet more attention seeking from him....... and you, yes, you, who encourage him are no better ;-)
cock

I’m on day 3 of the worst cough I’ve ever experienced.

Throat feels like I’ve been gargling a cocktail of broken glass with gravel and a garnish of iron filings.

It comes in peaks and troughs. Sometimes it hits and I can barely speak.

There is some shortness of breath but it’s manageable. My lungs feel like they’ve shrunk and can hold less air. Taking deep breaths requires more effort than usual. I feel like I want to get a bog brush and give my lungs a good scrubbing out.

I have no other symptoms and no one else I know has had it. Mrs and kids are fine and haven’t shown even the slightest sign of it.

Could be Coronavirus, could just be a really bad cough or chest infection, but it’s been pretty solid for 3 days now with no sign of improvement. I’ve never had a cough this bad before.

Hot drinks like tea with honey really do help. A cuppa gives me about an hour of relief before the cough starts again.

Olbas Oil, Strepsils and Night Nurse are also good friends right now.

Edit: I’ve even considered getting on the whisky, but realise that’s a very bad idea.
Pneumonia?

Pneumonia?
Covid basically causes Pneumonia. It's one of the reason why I keep telling people to buy dry tickly cough medicine. I pretty certain stopping the cough for a while stopped my chest getting really bad and meant I could get some sort of rest from it. Where I cocked up was getting very dehydrated which caused other problems.

I developed a bit of a sore throat yesterday and later on started coughing.

I started to think this was the obvious until the sort of phlegm normally associated with a Welshman pronouncing his village crept in, followed by a runny nose and sneezing.

I now think it's the common cold, but if it develops into man flu I'll see you all at the FRV.

Size 9M.

Pneumonia?
sounds like it. I was unfortunate enough to get flu last year. Being a bit of a knob I ignored the initial symptoms until SWMBO got a tad miffed and hoofed me off to the medics.
Turned out I had had flu (not an error) but it had morphed into pneumonia, pleurisy and immune system failure.
Several days in Great Western Hospital with drips, oxygen and all sorts of fheckin around made me think that ignoring stuff is not a good way to keep "ent ded".
Any issues, get a medic to square you away.
They really are a precious breed.

Well worth applause, and not just once a day.
Always.

Last edited:

Latest Threads