Unclean! Arrsers with the virus

@Ravers claimed to have it last night, I am sure the stable lads will be happy to look after her ladyship for him.
Everyone rallying around, that’s what servants are for, right?
A thoroughbred used to high octane fuel (that’s you, Ravers).
I’m glad my old banger runs on chip fat and paraffin. Bit smoky round the back, but what with the age and mileage, can’t complain. Bit difficult to start on cold mornings, but aren’t we all?

God news on the Canadian response.

Pubs selling Take Out grub can also sell booze to wash the shite down and Grocery Stores can sell alcohol starting at 7am instead of 11am.

Finally, a thread that everyone actually wants Bugsy to join.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
(Daubing big red crosses on doors is so...analogue)
My mate dropped some shopping on the doorstep rang the bell and retreated a few feet for a chat before going....I was lightly surprised when I open the door there wasn't a freshly painted badly applied cross on it. Could try harder.

I was a bit out of sorts last Thursday and thought it was due to too many painkillers for my back which had been playing me up for a couple of weeks so laid off them. I had been eating paracetamol and ibuprofen like smarties. felt much better Friday so went for a walk after dinner and later that evening felt like I had had the shit kicked out of me.

Woke up Saturday dry coughing, after a few hours of this and looking online got a bit twitchy and paranoid and convinced myself I might have it. Took my temperature and it was only just above normal.

Sunday more coughing and temp back to normal by the end of the day. Bit of pressure building in my chest. Beginning to wonder if I was just being a drama queen and had a bit of mild man flu. Rinse and repeat for Monday.

Tuesday more coughing and bit more pressure on the chest, by the afternoon I was slumped in a chair in the garden really having to make an effort to breath as it felt like I had a slab on my chest pressing down on me and a thought I would be in hospital by the end of the week.

Got up Wednesday still coughing but the feeling of pressure on the chest was right down. Shouted conversation with the neighbour over the fence. Their lad has it (mother is a radiologist so they were tested and results came back positive for him) and started coughing on the thursday. Again very slight temperature and just lots of coughing to start with nothing dramatic.

Thursday (today) less coughing still some pressure on chest but nothing alarming. Absolutely knackered, feel like a lump of lead and have spent half the day falling asleep.

I have got off very lightly so far and realise I have been lucky. I just hope I haven't spread it around and have managed to keep it to myself. I have been staying at home and doing all the right things since I started coughing.

My knackered back meant I had only been out a couple of times in the preceding week or two and am a deeply unsociable bastard at the best of times so it did surprise me that I got is so early on.

Good luck to all on here and if you do get it hopefully you get away with a mild one.

Last edited:
God news on the Canadian response.

Pubs selling Take Out grub can also sell booze to wash the shite down and Grocery Stores can sell alcohol starting at 7am instead of 11am.
Keeping the population permanently pissed sounds like a plausible plan to keep them indoors (until they run dry).

Absolutely not. You must pray the gay away, take a cold shower, reflect on the Gospel of Matthew... Whatever it takes to distract yourself from homosexual temptations.

We can fight this together.
If one dresses as choir boy and the other as man of the cloth it would be ok to administer the sacraments, wouldn't it?

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I’m on day 3 of the worst cough I’ve ever experienced.

Throat feels like I’ve been gargling a cocktail of broken glass with gravel and a garnish of iron filings.

It comes in peaks and troughs. Sometimes it hits and I can barely speak.

There is some shortness of breath but it’s manageable. My lungs feel like they’ve shrunk and can hold less air. Taking deep breaths requires more effort than usual. I feel like I want to get a bog brush and give my lungs a good scrubbing out.

I have no other symptoms and no one else I know has had it. Mrs and kids are fine and haven’t shown even the slightest sign of it.

Could be Coronavirus, could just be a really bad cough or chest infection, but it’s been pretty solid for 3 days now with no sign of improvement. I’ve never had a cough this bad before.

Hot drinks like tea with honey really do help. A cuppa gives me about an hour of relief before the cough starts again.

Olbas Oil, Strepsils and Night Nurse are also good friends right now.

Edit: I’ve even considered getting on the whisky, but realise that’s a very bad idea.

Last edited:

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I have enough homebrew here that I could have kept sluggy drunk for about a week, normal humans it should do several months of heavy drinking.

I have run out of beer though, at the moment I have

Rum
Gin
More Rum
Whiskey
Strawberry schnapps
Peach Schnapps
mint choc thing
Mead (about 20 litres of various flavours from 'Jesus I've gone blind' through to 'thats awesome, however I've gone blind')
half a bottle of port (AKA 'Lobito' as I thought it was going to be awful)
Pineapple schnapps
Parsnip wine
and an elderflower paint stripper
Brandy
unflavoured alcohol wash - not decided what it's going to become

commercial stuff
Sake
prosecco (it was free)
She would have laughed at Corvid 19
and you lot !

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
I’m on day 3 of the worst cough I’ve ever experienced.

Throat feels like I’ve been gargling a cocktail of broken glass with gravel and a garnish of iron filings.

It comes in peaks and troughs. Sometimes it hits and I can barely speak.

There is some shortness of breath but it’s manageable. My lungs feel like they’ve shrunk and can hold less air. Taking deep breaths requires more effort than usual. I feel like I want to get a bog brush and give my lungs a good scrubbing out.

I have no other symptoms and no one else I know has had it. Mrs and kids are fine and haven’t shown even the slightest sign of it.

Could be Coronavirus, could just be a really bad cough or chest infection, but it’s been pretty solid for 3 days now with no sign of improvement. I’ve never had a cough this bad before.

Hot drinks like tea with honey really do help. A cuppa gives me about an hour of relief before the cough starts again.

Olbas Oil, Strepsils and Night Nurse are also good friends right now.
my daughter thought she had it ( shes a teacher) turned out to be laryngitis

Ravers

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
my daughter thought she had it ( shes a teacher) turned out to be laryngitis
I’ve had laryngitis before, this feels like it is actually in the lungs.

To be honest I’m hoping it is Coronavirus, just wanna get it out the way.

“I wanted to be the first kid on my block to get confirmed Covid19.”

Latest Threads