Unclean! Arrsers with the virus

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I have got my call up stuff for going back to the NHS and I am probably well enough to do so (4 days well now) and the docs I have been sent in preparation have frankly scared me shitless. I obviously cannot publish them but one SOP scared me more than any other.

CPAP for 60 minutes and if there is no elevation in SPo2 consider intubation or palliation. Terrifying. Basically giving oxygen and if there is no result, either ITU or die.

Also, from what I can tell, the staff are run ragged and are at breaking point. For persec reasons I cannot go further but the risk to staff is huge. Half of me wants to run away and not get involved but another half of me wants to get into the thick of it.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Murphyslaw is correct, let the mods clean it up a bit. Including this post.
Why should the mods have to keep clearing up? Why can't people just stop arguing, or just ignore those who do?

I'm getting pretty fed up with all the reports generated by squabbling on here, which 90% of the time could be avoided if people just stopped trying to have the last word or responding to every single thread.

I'm constantly having to deal with reports from Brexit, Covid, NAAFI, Int Cell, Police & Security, mainly from bored bellends who cannot or will not self-moderate.

Add to that, the latest pandemic and lay offs, working from home, whatever, seems to have brought a fair few of the site's old moon howlers back. Aidencom / Aidenwhite who keeps popping up with a new account every 2 days or so to troll the IRA threads, and rather than ignore and report like I asked, people cannot help but respond to the idiot, and by do so fail to realise this simply encourages him more. That prick who has an obsession with Cody Lacy.

All we need now is Shitbus, Blondebint and Mk1No4 to make a return.

I remind those to whom this applies most. We do this voluntarily.

How about a little reciprocation by not responding? (in other words, I'm asking you to do **** all)

Both Me the Mrs and the boy have been given the all clear. She's gone back into the hospital this morning ready to go back into ICU.
I woke up to a sore throat and a tight chest. Poxy bloody hay-fever thankfully.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Why should the mods have to keep clearing up? Why can't people just stop arguing, or just ignore those who do?

I'm getting pretty fed up with all the reports generated by squabbling on here, which 90% of the time could be avoided if people just stopped trying to have the last word or responding to every single thread.

I'm constantly having to deal with reports from Brexit, Covid, NAAFI, Int Cell, Police & Security, mainly from bored bellends who cannot or will not self-moderate.

Add to that, the latest pandemic and lay offs, working from home, whatever, seems to have brought a fair few of the site's old moon howlers back. Aidencom / Aidenwhite who keeps popping up with a new account every 2 days or so to troll the IRA threads, and rather than ignore and report like I asked, people cannot help but respond to the idiot, and by do so fail to realise this simply encourages him more. That prick who has an obsession with Cody Lacy.

How about a little reciprocation by not responding? (in other words, I'm asking you to do **** all)
Fair one. Use your resources wisely. However, some idiots just will not give up. Ignoring just does not seem to work. I will not post in response to such idiots so I will follow your advice, but sometimes we need a mod.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Both Me the Mrs and the boy have been given the all clear. She's gone back into the hospital this morning ready to go back into ICU.
I woke up to a sore throat and a tight chest. Poxy bloody hay-fever thankfully.
Good to hear! Yes the pollen is starting to get about, causing more problems.

Boris_Johnson

ADC
DirtyBAT
Fair one. Use your resources wisely. However, some idiots just will not give up. Ignoring just does not seem to work. I will not post in response to such idiots so I will follow your advice, but sometimes we need a mod.
Yes it does.

I get that people are bored and the Internet and its associated forums of varying topics, social media et al may be their only outlet. But that's more reason not to let the one or two characters you perceive to be a nuisance, succeed in getting to you.

There are better things in life to waste your time over. Trust me.

I have got my call up stuff for going back to the NHS and I am probably well enough to do so (4 days well now) and the docs I have been sent in preparation have frankly scared me shitless. I obviously cannot publish them but one SOP scared me more than any other.

CPAP for 60 minutes and if there is no elevation in SPo2 consider intubation or palliation. Terrifying. Basically giving oxygen and if there is no result, either ITU or die.

Also, from what I can tell, the staff are run ragged and are at breaking point. For persec reasons I cannot go further but the risk to staff is huge. Half of me wants to run away and not get involved but another half of me wants to get into the thick of it.
Pardon my ignorance but I thought you had to self isolate for 14 days after recovery. You seem to be saying you could go back to work after 4 days. Have I got that right?
Reference your lines about the NHS staff at breaking point. That will just make the virus more effective, attacking those tired and already under the weather. I fear we have worse to come.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer

You obviously need a few more Mods then!

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Pardon my ignorance but I thought you had to self isolate for 14 days after recovery. You seem to be saying you could go back to work after 4 days. Have I got that right?
Reference your lines about the NHS staff at breaking point. That will just make the virus more effective, attacking those tired and already under the weather. I fear we have worse to come.
Yes you are right in that it must be 14 days. I am physically fit enough to work. I am on day 4. 10 to go, but most of the prep work can be done at home. Getting up to speed on ventilators and protocols.There is a lot of it. I still do not know where I am going but I am back on the register. I hope to go back to Middlesbrough which I know well.

Yes you are right in that it must be 14 days. I am physically fit enough to work. I am on day 4. 10 to go, but most of the prep work can be done at home. Getting up to speed on ventilators and protocols.There is a lot of it. I still do not know where I am going but I am back on the register. I hope to go back to Middlesbrough which I know well.
Mrs did her training package online as well why we were waiting for the all clear.
It's very good apparently.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Mrs did her training package online as well why we were waiting for the all clear.
It's very good apparently.
It is impressive, but huge. I have been at it for half a day and got through just one module.

You're both wrong, actually. Here it is chapter and verse.

It is 7 days if you experience symptoms or until the temperature normalises.

14 days if another member of the household starts to display symptoms.

I don't blame you as there is a lot of contradictory, unclear or otherwise vague advice with regard to isolation periods, groups at risk etc.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Is it the one with the American woman running through the ventilator and CPR stuff on the laptop?
Not yet - just the resuscitation flowcharts at the moment.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
You're both wrong, actually. Here it is chapter and verse.

It is 7 days if you experience symptoms or until the temperature normalises.

14 days if another member of the household starts to display symptoms.

I don't blame you as there is a lot of contradictory, unclear or otherwise vague advice with regard to isolation periods, groups at risk etc.
OK, but in any case it will be more than 7 and close to 14 before I go back to the hospital. I was not given a date for return despite having told them I was symptomatic. They just said that they would contact me in a week and that is what they have done.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

Yet you did do some cleaning and I am grateful

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
If you do not get taken to hospital and tested you may never know what you have. Could be a cold, normal crap flu, or even measles or ebolaids.
Advice is, if you feel poorly, stay home. You are not on the stats.
As it goes, I got on my bike today and rode into town (about a mile) for sterilising fluid for the fermenting vessel to make a cider kit. And buy sterilising anti-bac gel for hands.
I was fed up of having creaking lungs. I’m a fit and healthy person and was needing to move. And I don’t think it’s possible to masturbate and cycle.

Reminds me of the Pushbike Song, down up down...

crow_bag

Old-Salt

Just do what I did and get BadCo to sack you.

Lot less stressful when you don't have to run around dealing with bullshit posts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
Just do what I did and get BadCo to sack you.

Lot less stressful when you don't have to run around dealing with bullshit posts.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Good to see you back. :thumright:

Latest Threads