Unclean! Arrsers with the virus

If you do not get taken to hospital and tested you may never know what you have. Could be a cold, normal crap flu, or even measles or ebolaids.
Advice is, if you feel poorly, stay home. You are not on the stats.
As it goes, I got on my bike today and rode into town (about a mile) for sterilising fluid for the fermenting vessel to make a cider kit. And buy sterilising anti-bac gel for hands.
I was fed up of having creaking lungs. I’m a fit and healthy person and was needing to move. And I don’t think it’s possible to masturbate and cycle.
Ah so. May be worth those trotting out their symptoms on here to just confirm whether they're part of the official stats, or gutsing it out on their own sans chancre mechanic input.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
That was 'Me too' from 1979 until 2014 Boss. Life happens.

Much relieved, temperature back to normal, gut ache stopped by massive flush-out, probably caused by one of SWMBO's chili con carne.
One occasion when having the trots is good news!

Never had to sign on and have been in full time legitimate work since leaving school in 1985 - rare I know, but true. :D
Left school June the 15th 1988. Spent 3 days fishing on a local lake then started work in a local meat processing factory.
Claimed the dole for 1 week out of all that time until the present day. That short spell of unemployment wasn't down to me either.

Funbaby

Old-Salt
Popping sounds when you breath?

Encountered them last year during a bout of bronchitis. Kind of unnerving.

Popping sounds when you breath?

Encountered them last year during a bout of bronchitis. Kind of unnerving.
I get it when I get a flair up of my bronchiectasis. I find lying on my front helps, and I sleep easier, but it might be related to where the damage is in my lung.

I get it when I get a flair up of my bronchiectasis. I find lying on my front helps, and I sleep easier, but it might be related to where the damage is in my lung.
If you raise the foot of your bed so your body is slightly inclined towards your melon, would that not help drainage of mucus and avoid all the popping and crackling? I'm thinking one or two inches, but enough to avoid it running the other way.

Gustinkovski

Old-Salt
If you raise the foot of your bed so your body is slightly inclined towards your melon, would that not help drainage of mucus and avoid all the popping and crackling? I'm thinking one or two inches, but enough to avoid it running the other way.
Apparently a technique used by Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease COPD patients. It helps clear phlegm from the lungs and makes breathing much easier, helping prevent infections by getting rid of the phlegm. Also taught to patients in hospital to get deep mucous, infection out of lungs, post heart surgery. As laying down causes fluid build up in the alveoli sacs of lungs, this helps to clear. Cystic Fibrosis patients as well as asthma patients, to reduce risk of bronchitis and pneumonia.

Also, apologies if already posted elsewhere.

Last edited:

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
If you lift the head of the bed too it provides full protection against tokoloshe too.

That would be the tokoloshe who comes along while you're asleep and waterboards you with a garden hose down the throat.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
That would be the tokoloshe who comes along while you're asleep and waterboards you with a garden hose down the throat.
I don't know, only heard about them.
Are you confirming the rumour, mlungu ?

I can neither confirm nor deny that the bit of psychological warfare referred to as the tokoloshe has you mudding your mincing shorts, O Mighty Roamer of the Shateen.

Logically then, the best sleeping position would be hanging upside down -

- like a bat.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I can neither confirm nor deny that the bit of psychological warfare referred to as the tokoloshe has you mudding your mincing shorts, O Mighty Roamer of the Shateen.
Don't scorn the Tokoloshe.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Did anyone ask old stab to come on here with his words of wisdom? Then why not direct your post at him?
I am directing it at you mainly because of your persistence in petulant responding and wanting to have the last word. I will give you the last word. CREVICE.

Murphyslaw is correct, let the mods clean it up a bit. Including this post.