Unclean! Arrsers with the virus

You want @RoyalGreenJacket (or @SmithSid - his sock). He's the mentalist who is obsessed with Islam.
Muslims appear more concerned about heading to the local Mosque, than spreading Coronavirus in the community -

Citing this may cause 'Mental Health Issues' among the Muslim community is pathetic.

On that note, what do you mean by stating I am a 'mentalist'? I don't feel the need to attend a building 5 times a day to worship an imaginary friend.

On that note, what do you mean by stating I am a 'mentalist'? I don't feel the need to attend a building 5 times a day to worship an imaginary friend.
I mean that you're utterly obsessed (at least from what you post on here) with Islam.

It's a bit mental.

ETA: I spend 10 hours a day working with a Muslim (or did, until I started WFH). They speak about their religion a lot less than you do.

Last edited:
Muslims appear more concerned about heading to the local Mosque, than spreading Coronavirus in the community -

Citing this may cause 'Mental Health Issues' among the Muslim community is pathetic.

For some who are devout followers of that particular Sky pixie I can kind of get why they are worrying. Its written into their religion that they attend the Mosque to pray to Allah.
Maybe the Imam's need to tell them that due to the situation the Mosques, along with other Religions places of worship have to close to ensure the safety of the worshippers family and community.
Blanket ban by Government on ALL religious gatherings at churches and mosques.

This virus is more contagious than Ebola. The idiots out there need to be made aware by whatever means possible that this bug can kill them and their families.

Sorry to hear you are not well, but we are all going to get through this. Malt whisky seems a plan. I ran out of vodka (Good Russian stuff) days ago.
I've got a niggly little aching in my joints and a bit of a stiff neck. However I was doing a lot of gardening on Saturday. Slight headache and a slightly sore throat.

I've got too much blood in my alcohol stream I think.

For some who are devout followers of that particular Sky pixie I can kind of get why they are worrying. Its written into their religion that they attend the Mosque to pray to Allah.
They can also avoid it if they have a valid reason, British Muslim soldiers on Exercise/Tour do not cart around a mobile mosque for Friday prayers and they have yet to be struck by lighting.

Grownup_Rafbrat

LE
Book Reviewer
Maybe the Imam's need to tell them that due to the situation the Mosques, along with other Religions places of worship have to close to ensure the safety of the worshippers family and community.
Blanket ban by Government on ALL religious gatherings at churches and mosques.

This virus is more contagious than Ebola. The idiots out there need to be made aware by whatever means possible that this bug can kill them and their families.
But, but, Allah will look after his chosen ones and if others die, it's his will!

Quarantine period was over Saturday. Stayed in.

I went for a walk Sunday morning early enough to have the place to myself and feeling all but back to normal. I got about 150 meters from home and was absolutely knackered so shuffled off home like a decrepit 90 year old.

I had to go shopping this morning so drove round a few shops for a good stock up as a good few things were getting a bit low and was impressed how everybody was paying attention to the distancing. I Had a prescription form to drop off for someone and a bill to pay so walked to the local shops and took the long route home managing about 2 miles. That really knocked the stuffing out of me but the difference in little over 24 hours really surprised me.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
I was exposed ,ooerr. Two work mates who both have it. . One is in hospital , they are testing new drugs on him? The other gave it to his wife ,ooerr. Also his son?
They are all on lockdown , isolation.

Called my Dr who put me on lockdown and isolation .

Ordering beer from the local store this afternoon.
Glad I've outgrown puerile jokes.

wafubustard

War Hero
I very been told to stay away and isolate for 2 weeks.
Mrs WB is high vulnerable group and both of us have gone down is coughs, aches, temperatures and tightness of the chest.
In my second week now and still have some tightness in the chest but I haven't had a fever since the first day when I felt like I was melting.

I do think we have both had a very mild case.

Both the little bustards are fine at the mo with no signs.

One week (ish) into Corona and the first symptoms coughs, sneezes, runny nose and the shits have gone to be replaced by headaches, neck pain and as of Sunday fatigue. Spent half of Sunday and Monday in bed totally knackered, today I'm feeling fine, but it is only 0950, things could change.
To all my fellow sufferers, get well soon.

Now then, SWMBO took poorly about a month ago, showed symptoms of a cough, sore throat and aches and pains etc. Seemed to get better then had a relapse. Got better again, but last night conjunctivitis appeared, not as much swelling this morning and says she feels better.

I am sure I have had symptoms back in January, had a dry cough but only for a matter of hours, had an incredible high temperature that felt like a heat wave, and associated aches and pains. Also restricted breathing. Nobody knows though without testing, absolutely incredible virus as to the severity of varying strength of symptoms across the spectrum.

One week (ish) into Corona and the first symptoms coughs, sneezes, runny nose and the shits have gone to be replaced by headaches, neck pain and as of Sunday fatigue. Spent half of Sunday and Monday in bed totally knackered, today I'm feeling fine, but it is only 0950, things could change.
Now then, SWMBO took poorly about a month ago, showed symptoms of a cough, sore throat and aches and pains etc. Seemed to get better then had a relapse. Got better again, but last night conjunctivitis appeared, not as much swelling this morning and says she feels better.

I am sure I have had symptoms back in January, had a dry cough but only for a matter of hours, had an incredible high temperature that felt like a heat wave, and associated aches and pains. Also restricted breathing. Nobody knows though without testing, absolutely incredible virus as to the severity of varying strength of symptoms across the spectrum.
For what its worth, I recognise elements of both of these in my own episodes of last month and afterwards. I think that it is becoming apparent (pending medical confirmation), that the symptoms of COVID are consistent to about seven or eight distinct features, but that these can appear in different combinations and varying levels of severity over different timescales...

For what its worth, I recognise elements of both of these in my own episodes of last month and afterwards. I think that it is becoming apparent (pending medical confirmation), that the symptoms of COVID are consistent to about seven or eight distinct features, but that these can appear in different combinations and varying levels of severity over different timescales...
Aye it's strange, I think the severity of the symptoms are down to the amount of exposure to the virus. Will be interesting when everyone can access the alleged antibodies test, I don't envisage that to be anytime soon.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
Oddly enough I got the shits before the cough. Thought it was a bad curry but boy was I wrong.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer

Look after her mate, I know the probs she has had. Stay safe.

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
I woke up this morning and realised that there is something seriously wrong with me.

I am a Sunderland supporter.

Look after her mate, I know the probs she has had. Stay safe.
Aye mate I am, she is doing fine at moment, still no idea if it is the plague, I had sniffles and sinus issues last week, gone after four days. As I said, nobody knows for sure unless they've had the testing, this in itself just makes the whole affair more mind-boggling. Easy to see how it can create mental health issues as well.
Absolutely bonkers how normal life has changed so dramatically in a month or so.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
Don't want to open a new thread for what should in theory should be an easy answer.
A colleague has been flown home from tour after just a week in theatre. Apparently, having a history of high blood pressure means that he is at elevated risk if he gets covid-19 and there are not facilities out there to treat him.
Understandably, he wants to get back out there. So, using my GCSE science from many years ago, a question for the assembled Arrsitude. If he was to contract covid-19 and recovered, could he then go back out, as you cannot get it twice?

Don't want to open a new thread for what should in theory should be an easy answer.
A colleague has been flown home from tour after just a week in theatre. Apparently, having a history of high blood pressure means that he is at elevated risk if he gets covid-19 and there are not facilities out there to treat him.
Understandably, he wants to get back out there. So, using my GCSE science from many years ago, a question for the assembled Arrsitude. If he was to contract covid-19 and recovered, could he then go back out, as you cannot get it twice?
its appears to reinfect. I wouldn’t take the risk if I were him.

Latest Threads