Unclean! Arrsers with the virus

StBob072

LE
Book Reviewer
I remember it very well as it amused me and showed all the weakling having a pop from the side lines, many used it as an opportunity to get their own back , no doubt after being made to look a tw@t by me on another thread.

Luckily, got several supportive PMs for the other, more intelligent people who that saw my comments about losers jumping in were pretty accurate.

But it's good to see that i've forced you to use 'search' like the silly puppet you are , yep, a classic act of someone not bovvered .

As for long memories, Hmm? you obviously forget to remember when you told us all that you shared your ARRSE account with you wife - were tee total , - the day before you went on the elaborate about various beers, plus all the boastful and blatantly false, wonderful holidays destinations ,you go etc.

You really can't help being a mong can you? ''kin 'ell, you're even doing it yourself now..

Still got my name on your siggy block, to show how not bovverd you are ha ha
Have a look at the post fat boy - Joker found your embarrassing exchanges.

As for me? You are my hero and I decided to recognise you on my footer. As I’m sure you’ve had no recognition for anything in your life, I’m sure you are well chuffed. It’s not every day a low-achiever gets called out.

Can't you two just self-isolate together? Your place or his, we don't care.

How are you finding hydrating and so on?
Not an issue thankfully. I’ve had three hours this morning when I was fine. Hands and feet numb now - absolutely freezing. The rest of me is hot but I’m shivering like fcuk. In about two hours I’ll be bordering on delirious again and that will last about two hours then my body temp will return to normal like there is nothing wrong. Tonight I’ll still feel shit obviously. Just when you think ‘yep I’m winning’ it completely fucks you. Mounts a full on attack. This evening I’ll sweat a bucket loaned and so

@Simmerit and @mercurydancer would you consider making a post in the symptoms journal? (As I say in post1 not mandatory.)

will do later

mercurydancer

LE
Book Reviewer
My mate is dyslexic and got tested positive for racoon virus.

I am now on day 10 and starting to feel human again. Still not eating properly and as of yesterday I now have no sense of taste.

kimmi851

War Hero
From the mild end of the scale - I can confirm I am now sure I have (had?) it, breathing was down to "smoked 30 a day for 20 years" yesterday and the day before and when I did anything my temperature turned into "I could stand in for Raver's AGA". Today I am feeling fine, head clearer than it has been in days, no temperature to speak of even when doing household tasks. I am aware it might come back with a vengeance but for now I am hoping this is it.

I am now on day 10 and starting to feel human again. Still not eating properly and as of yesterday I now have no sense of taste.
I’m on day 10 and still feeling shit witty breathing and temperature. An unusual one started this morning which is a first, which is a revolting and strong metallic taste in my mouth.

how are your symptoms at the minute?

I’m on day 10 and still feeling shit witty breathing and temperature. An unusual one started this morning which is a first, which is a revolting and strong metallic taste in my mouth.

Easing off. Headache is bearable and almost gone, tightness in chest has eased, cough is minimal, appetite still not back, still knackered and dehydrated but feel like I may be through the worst.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Yeah, currently having a fun couple of days making breathing a conscious effort after getting it. Basically major symptom is breathing constriction and chest pain, that probably also causing headaches: like early stage altitude sickness / hypoxia for any climbers. Was literally day 13 of self-isolation after having been exposed, totally fine for two weeks, before it kicked in and then has gotten gradually worse over 4 days.

One thing I have learned is that the official website and symptoms list are misleading. The 111 site says no because I don't have a fever or cough. On the other hand, respiratory registrar says yes, because I'm breathing like a smoker having an asthma attack at 6000m. Seems that the large range of symptoms present randomly and very differently in different people, like a penny pick'n'mix shop rather than a box of Quality Street.

The other piece of useful information I've learned is that the young people who have died (obvs this doesn't apply to ARRSE) have mostly done so because they have tried to grizz out mild symptoms, and then have piled in hard and quickly and been too far gone by the time they get to hospital. So know the point at which to send up the balloon if things are getting worse.

Yeah, currently having a fun couple of days making breathing a conscious effort after getting it. Basically major symptom is breathing constriction and chest pain, that probably also causing headaches: like early stage altitude sickness / hypoxia for any climbers. Was literally day 13 of self-isolation after having been exposed, totally fine for two weeks, before it kicked in and then has gotten gradually worse over 4 days.

One thing I have learned is that the official website and symptoms list are misleading. The 111 site says no because I don't have a fever or cough. On the other hand, respiratory registrar says yes, because I'm breathing like a smoker having an asthma attack at 6000m. Seems that the large range of symptoms present randomly and very differently in different people, like a penny pick'n'mix shop rather than a box of Quality Street.

The other piece of useful information I've learned is that the young people who have died (obvs this doesn't apply to ARRSE) have mostly done so because they have tried to grizz out mild symptoms, and then have piled in hard and quickly and been too far gone by the time they get to hospital. So know the point at which to send up the balloon if things are getting worse.
Yes, I think it is becoming increasingly apparent that the COVID symptoms can present randomly. The NHS advice is correct in my view, as the most dangerous symptoms requiring action are respiratory, but may not all appear in all cases and often don't.

I've also been reading up a bit on this and there is some indication that the virus effectively "cases the joint" as it takes effect. If the immune system is strong and quick to reject, there may be few or no symptoms, progressing to milder cold-like symptoms if immune system is strong but initial entry is effected before the antibodies overwhelm it. If the immune system is weaker/slower to activate, it quickly gets to the fever/cough/short of breath situation and the antibodies have a fight on their hands. The virus also seems to leave lingering residual symptoms in some cases, including conjunctivitis and gastro-intestinal problems.

The other factor being mentioned is viral loading - that the more people with COVID are pushing out virus in close proximity to a vulnerable person, the more quickly their immune system will be overwhelmed - this is reportedly one of the principles behind social distancing. I'm also wondering (but stress no medical reporting I've seen) whether COVID charts its course to concentrate on the vulnerable areas it finds, hence the random presentation of symptoms.

Mate, from the long haired OC who's a nurse. Get hold of your GP if those symptoms haven't eased in 10 days.

Good luck.

The virus also seems to leave lingering residual symptoms in some cases, including conjunctivitis and gastro-intestinal problems.
I have the latter problem, I wouldn't say it's bad, but I could power my own wind farm, and possibly increase global warming.

Mate, from the long haired OC who's a nurse. Get hold of your GP if those symptoms haven't eased in 10 days.
I was going to give it 14 days was the plan but if tonight is like last night, I will be placing a call in tomorrow. feels like I’m close to skating a ‘risk’ line