Uncle Sam's Birthday

Ewww. I feel like a mong. I have about 40 k in liquid assets and and another 52k in my retirement accounts. This is depressing, my idiot ass needs to go buy a boat now...
Do US citizens get any kind of pension from Government?

We're not very good savers. Full State Pension is about £8000 ( about ten million US) and most peeps dont have much more to retire on. Average por of money at retirement used to be about £40k. Not much, really.
Auto Enrolment will greatly increase that. It's an excellent idea.
Unfortunately true.
thread diversion
My grandad and dad were great savers, thrifty, hardworking and all that ( plus a helping hand from G-d - I suspect that was true of those generations - grandad was turn of last century chap where everyone saved for a rainy day and ditto dad. Things like state handouts were few and far between. Myself, not as wise as I should of been ). Bear in mind, the main sapper of wealth is housing. In relation to ones earnings then and now, house prices and mortgages have galloped away into the distance. For a 250k mortgage at say 4% , you pay almost 1400 a month before youve settled any other of lifes necessities. My first real job was 8k a year and I could have secured a loan for 24k and got a small 2 bed property. That property now is 275 k, you,d have to be on on a damn sight more to secure a loan for it. If there was cheap affordable housinging maybe it would be different, but there aint.
Oh yes, we do get Social Security when we retire.

10 Social Security Secrets to Boost Your Benefits

If I stay with the State and retire I will be looking at two pensions with them. Then two from the Feds if they are not broke..

Rather grim prospect but I think early retirement for my cohorts will be 66.
67 this side mate

LJONESY

On ROPS
On ROPs
Unfortunately true.
thread diversion
My grandad and dad were great savers, thrifty, hardworking and all that ( plus a helping hand from G-d - I suspect that was true of those generations - grandad was turn of last century chap where everyone saved for a rainy day and ditto dad. Things like state handouts were few and far between. Myself, not as wise as I should of been ). Bear in mind, the main sapper of wealth is housing. In relation to ones earnings then and now, house prices and mortgages have galloped away into the distance. For a 250k mortgage at say 4% , you pay almost 1400 a month before youve settled any other of lifes necessities. My first real job was 8k a year and I could have secured a loan for 24k and got a small 2 bed property. That property now is 275 k, you,d have to be on on a damn sight more to secure a loan for it. If there was cheap affordable housinging maybe it would be different, but there aint.

67 this side mate
Parents helping kids with houses is one of the quirks you folks have that boggles my mind! Grandparents tend to help with the grandkids but, they don’t help with down payments etc.

The new house is 390 and it hurts. But in ten years it will be worth about 500 K. Realestate is getting pricey out here with the mineral wealth in the ground, and the fact that living out in the country while nice has many downsides to it.

I learned finances from my mum, who was a money Nazi. My dad taught me the fine art of blowing the free money. So after the bills and savings get their cut, I am more than happy to blow my free money like a retarded GI on pay day. But I am used to the feast or famine way of things. Spend it when you got it and learn to embrace poverty when you don’t.

Get the fvck over it, snowflake.
Nothing to get over snowflake, I deployed many times. What's your deal? No safe places to hide in those nasty dangerous places.

Anyway you have a nice safe day, I'm sure your Mummy will wipe away those tears and make you a nice cup of hot chocolate.

Nothing to get over snowflake, I deployed many times. What's your deal? No safe places to hide in those nasty dangerous places.

Anyway you have a nice safe day, I'm sure your Mummy will wipe away those tears and make you a nice cup of hot chocolate.
Guess you can't stop being a dripping cock in a decent thread, then.

Get the fvck over it, you sensitive little snowflake, you.

Hey you're the one that gave me the lecture on banter while failing to recognize it in my post. You really don't like to be reminded you are never deployed never been nowhere REMF, do you? Well it's what you are old son, I reckon you'd be better off over on Mumsnet but then there's probably a few of the women on there who deployed while serving as well.

Hey do a Google search and see if there's a BIFFSnet, you'll fit right in. You calling anyone a snowflake is a failure on your part in itself. Bye Biff. :D

Hey you're the one that gave me the lecture on banter while failing to recognize it in my post. You really don't like to be reminded you are never deployed never been nowhere REMF, do you? Well it's what you are old son, I reckon you'd be better off over on Mumsnet but then there's probably a few of the women on there who deployed while serving as well.

Hey do a Google search and see if there's a BIFFSnet, you'll fit right in. You calling anyone a snowflake is a failure on your part in itself. Bye Biff. :D
Give him a break will ya? Not everyone is deployed all the time...if that what count's as judgment on someone's opinion, you're wrong.

Give him a break will ya? Not everyone is deployed all the time...if that what count's as judgment on someone's opinion, you're wrong.
Bollocks, even the biffs in the Bn QM's stores have deployed more than that useless condescending war dodging biff cünt.

Hell even the old girls that run the WRVS have deployed more times than him.

Don't know what you two have going on....will leave it to you all...
He started in on me and kept it going, if he can't take what he dishes out then it's best to STFU. Problem is he doesn't know how or when to do that. Can't be bothered sticking him on ignore, just no longer bother reading his/the biff posts of a year after year SPOTY nominee.

234 years later and the British are still whining and gnashing their teeth about it. Get the fück over it.
Its sad when the Older Uncle smells of wee and dust and rails incesantly about victory against unarmed Irish and Bengalis and complains that the Nephew is ignoring him

#triggered

Latest Threads