UNCLAS Letter from SOINC(A) - The Future

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by jim806, Sep 21, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Ladies and Gents,

I have attached an information notice from the SONIC it is UNCLAS and can therefore be disseminated as you see fit.

Attached Files:

2. came just in the nick of time as I'd run out of bog roll

3. The SOINC(A) must be a real fun guy on the lash.............

4. Brotherton Lad

Brotherton Lad LE Reviewer

He could have wished you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year at the end to save further electrons being abused in a few months' time.

5. At least he's keeping us in the loop fellas

6. Well **** me... a letter dated just two days ago, from SOinC, addressed to RSignals, about RSignals, and being read by RSignals, keeping us in the loop. I mean, thats us, doing comms, with ourselves...

I think i've just entered the twlight zone...

• Like Like x 1
  7. I knew that 2 Sig Bde was for the chop two days ago when I sat in the O Gp at Corsham - no surpirses there, it has been mooted for a long time now. The only question is where the units will go - 1 Sig Bde, 11 Sig Be or be split between both. Wiser counsels than mine will no doubt prevail - I guess that this year's Horseshoe Dinner will be the last, unless it is decided to have one final one next year. Hopefully it will be a better occasion than 31 Sig Regt's final dinner, when the CO was the last person to turn up and everyone else and already finished the starter by the time he arrived. All in all, it was a decidely lacklustre occasion.

8. So.....what happens to all the TA units in 2 sigs brigade ?

9. Sit around scratching their arrses wondering what on earth they're for & come up with increasingly mad suggestions for how they could be useful, while providing a sort of rest-home for key enablers, the unemployed & so on.

Oh no, silly me, that was the role before the disbandment of the Bde :wink:

10. Oh God, that sounds just like my unit and we aren't even Signals...

11. msr

msr LE

Or recall what happened to 33,34 and 35 Sig Regts, and start casting around for something else to do at the weekends.

12. Most of 34 split themselves between 38 and 32, both of which are 2 sig brigade concerns.
    However the doc does say "The units currently in the brigade will move to be under command of the remaining two signal brigades and we are working now to determine the best mix"

So, what we have assumed will happen for some time is now on the menu

13. Funnily enough, I had already worked this out for myself, and I have begun the process of looking around for something else to do. It will require a change of capbadge, but perhaps not before time. Other officers that I know are just planning to thin out and get on with the rest of their lives.

14. Looks like we'll be changing brigade flashes over, big deal... hopefully we'll be in PCS by then, no sowing required!

15. I wouldn't mind but I paid £2.50 for someone to sew mine one. Would it be a safe assumption to assume the demise of 2 sig brigade is due to the draw down of the armys presence in Germany ?