Unbiased Reporting by the Telegraph - EDL Poppies

I didn't perceive it to be a particularly venomous piece. Each to their own.

Anyway, am I wrong in thinking that the RBL have Copyright on the Poppy symbol in a Remembrance capacity? It would be more informative to know how much of any monies raised by BF actually made it to Service Charities.

rampant

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
I am by no means a fan of any political organisation using Remembrance and the symbol of the poppy for their own ends, but I was surprised by the venom in this article. It's quite frankly not what I would expect from a decent newspaper.

The loathsome Britain First are trying to hijack the poppy - don't let them
No it's bang on. Britain First are loathsome and underhanded in the way the manipulate people into spreading their propaganda and fleecing money from well intentioned but naïve people.

I didn't perceive it to be a particularly venomous piece. Each to their own.

Anyway, am I wrong in thinking that the RBL have Copyright on the Poppy symbol in a Remembrance capacity? It would be more informative to know how much of any monies raised by BF actually made it to Service Charities.
Probably not very much if any unfortunately.

Probably not very much if any unfortunately.
Legion have plenty of copyright and have moved to legals against BF in the past. Last year in fact and I would assume they would do again.

Trouble is it is still probably 'worth it' for BF to do it even with the damages however second offence may come into play.

British military charity to sue far-right group for copyright breach

As to their tactics in selling merchandise I see no difference in this and confusing the great unwashed with so called climate change.

The more intelligent will do their research and make their own minds up while the proles will just take everything as read and purchase the stuff.

It's not like they tell lies and many will be aware of the poppy wreath burnings by a parade some years ago.

This is quite snazzy I might buy one.....

I don't see the issue... The EDL/Britain First supporters I've come across are generally thick as mince so it's not like they'll be able to read, comprehend and ultimately be offended by the article.

In my opinion all they're doing is ripping money off the Poppy Appeal (wasn't it the Haig Fund once?).

There's a goodly amount of money available for the taking at this time of the year. It took Help 4 heroes to give the RBL a sound kick in the pants about their lackadaisical methods over their lazy fund raising.

Legion have plenty of copyright and have moved to legals against BF in the past. Last year in fact and I would assume they would do again.

Trouble is it is still probably 'worth it' for BF to do it even with the damages however second offence may come into play.

British military charity to sue far-right group for copyright breach

As to their tactics in selling merchandise I see no difference in this and confusing the great unwashed with so called climate change.

The more intelligent will do their research and make their own minds up while the proles will just take everything as read and purchase the stuff.

It's not like they tell lies and many will be aware of the poppy wreath burnings by a parade some years ago.

This is quite snazzy I might buy one.....

Hmmm - All proceeds going towards funding "LionheartGB"s cocaine and stella fuelled jet set lifestyle?

I've got rather tired of it all. Buy and wear a Poppy or don't. Don't bang on about your choice or the choices of others.

Standing on the corpses of dead service personnel to proclaim your argument is probably not necessary if your argument is any good.

In my opinion all they're doing is ripping money off the Poppy Appeal (wasn't it the Haig Fund once?).

It was, but since the 60s its been fashionable to cultivate an image that Haig was an upper class buffoon, who cared nothing for the working class heros he stuck in trenches until they rotted or died, or were shot for having PTSD. Occasionally Quaffing champers at his Chataeu he would order them to walk directly at the German machine guns something he continued to do until 1918, when the German army sickened of the pointless killing went home**.

Calling it the Haig fund may cause some to question that narrative.

** all from the Spider39 bumper book of WW1 Facts

I've got rather tired of it all. Buy and wear a Poppy or don't. Don't bang on about your choice or the choices of others.

Standing on the corpses of dead service personnel to proclaim your argument is probably not necessary if your argument is any good.
Ditto.

I donate for a poppy though never realised they could be bought :compress:

Got tackled for not wearing one today. Big rant from the woman. I then asked her how much she'd donated for hers and then informed her how much I donated (a heck of a lot more than her £1).I then explained when I choose to wear mine and my background. She grovelled an apology which I refused to accept.