Unadulterated Plug!

Discussion in 'Charities and Welfare' started by Skibum346, Feb 19, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. In June last year, my wife and I took part in the Help for Heroes 4x4 European Rally, a 3000 mile round trip following the route taken by allied forces from the D-Day landings to the capture of Hitler's holiday home, The Eagles Nest, Berchtesgaden. The rally involved 45 teams, took ten days and raised a grand total of £121,704.49. We are taking part again this year in our 1995 Discovery 300tdi and we aim to break through the target set by the class of 2010. The 2011 rally has been recognised by Help for Heroes as one of their few Red Letter Events, quite an honour.

As I'm sure you are aware Help for Heroes provide much needed support to our injured troops returning from conflicts. Help for Heroes do not seek to criticise or be political. They just want to help and work closely with the Army, Navy and RAF to provide support where it is most needed. As they quote on their website:

"It’s about the blokes, our men and women of the Armed Forces. It’s about Derek, a rugby player who has lost both his legs, it’s about Carl whose jaw is wired up so he has been drinking through a straw. It’s about Richard who was handed a mobile phone as he lay on the stretcher so he could say goodbye to his wife. It’s about Ben, it’s about Steven and Andy and Mark, it’s about them all. They are just blokes but they are our blokes; they are our heroes. We want to help our heroes."

So far we have pestered friends and family, held pub fun nights and gathered corporate donations & sponsorship. However, as I'm sure you'll be aware, it is important to use as many channels as possible whether selling a business or collecting funds for a very worthy cause.

We need all the support we can find so please, even if you have already given, consider a small donation. Even if you can't donate... use your address book... please pass on our website to everyone you know.

You can donate using Bmycharity from our website Team Skibum - Has Been's Supporting Heroes

Thanks for your time and support

Skibum