UN troops strike back in DR Congo

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by PartTimePongo, Mar 2, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/4310593.stm

Sounds like the Bangladeshi's settled some scores.

2. I hope so, its about time the Bangladeshi's dished some out. I remember when they turned up in Bosnia with no guns - they were therefore known as no-BANGBAT!

3. They had some fair scores to settle as well by all accounts. Horrific torture of this patrol...........
    UN troops tortured and mutilated

4. I don't doubt the ability of BanBat to "Get some" when they are suitably angered. The war against Pakistan proved that.

Anyway , good show the Bangladeshi's and hopefully this will mean a new posture in DRC.

5. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

6. 50 dead so by convention there should be 150 wounded.
    Or have the colour troops been allowed to just settle scores in a fashion Honkey troops would be 'Hung Drawn and quartered' for?
    john

7. It's the DRC JW. Your analogy isn't relevant.

Do you think anyone really cares? I don't mean to be callous, but the feeling in MOUNC must be "About time we gave some back"

I've been watching for UN reaction, and so far, not even a sniff of "There will be an investigation"

I imagine CIVPOP that has been terrorised by these b a s t a r d s won't be overly upset either.

8. On another board where I like to debate 'Life in general' one of my pet retorts when sumone say "We all came out of Africa' is No you may have but no way did my ancestors did.
    I suppose we hung on to India too long, but the retreat from Africa was a debaical on par with Loss of Singapore in 42.
    john
    My opionon on Blegium and France on their African colonies and there subsequent behaviour cums under *@!$%^&* catagory.

9. About bloody time that the UN flexed its muscles.

Reminds me of the time (not too long ago) that the algerian air force (i think it was algeria) dropped some bombs on the french peace keepers by mistake. French response was to remove the algerian air force from the face of the planet! :D
    Quality response! If you cant use your weapons safely and accurately, you shouldnt have them!

Tell that to the spams :twisted:

10. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

I think that was in the west African country of Cote d'Ivoire.

Back to the original story, there must have been accusations made because the UN has come out defending the Pakistanis and backing up their story of returning fire on being ambushed.
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-4838097,00.html