UN report: Scotland the most violent country

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by GLESGA-NED, Feb 8, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. See the link below. Nothing has changed since I've joined the army then!! :threaten:

times online
  2. ...which is not going to stop Wales ramming it up them at Murrayfield this weekend - oops - there I go again.
    Anyone remember the infamous 38-3 up at halftime, 2005 6 Nations?
  3. no shite sherlock, how much did that cost to find out???
  4. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

Title should continue: "Of the world's 21 developed countries".

The sampling technique leaves a little to be desired as well.

Frankly, the report is not worth the paper it is written on.

Oh and the title of this again? Disappointingly sensationalist crap considering it is in The Times. I expect this from a red top.
  5. That was published Sept '05...
  6. I have lived in a small Scottish village for the past seven years.I camehere from the Medway area of Kent (Chatham etc). There is a much harder attitude here to crime than ever I saw down in Kent. The police are well visible, very co-operative but friendly so long as one behaves. They jump on those who misbehave. I'm not interested in "statistics". My wife and I feel much safer here. Agree that the picture may be different in Edinburgh and Glasgow. We go to Edinburgh frequently and are happy to walk there at night feeling quite safe with a visible police presence.
  7. Sixty

Sixty LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. ARRSE Cyclists and Triathletes

We discussed it at the time.
  8. And not going to stop them taking the piss out of a mediocre English team shortly afterwards. OK, so England beat Scotland - shock horror - it's like beating a pub-team the morning after their Xmas do. The funny thing is - the media are already starting to predict an England world cup win. Funny as

BTW, escape_artists_never_die, good choice of username. I love that song. FFAF are awesome.
  9. I am originally from Manchester my wife is from Edinburgh although we now live in Aberdeen we have seen more trouble in a weekend when visiting family in Manchester than we see all year in Aberdeen