un-occupied house insurance

Discussion in 'Finance, Property, Law' started by Blodwyn, Aug 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

  1. long time no post..

    Off on tour number three and gonna be leaving house empty, and i'm havin bother getting it covered.

    Bit of background im a raf oggie medic, last 2 tours mrs B was in residence at blod towers, but she saw the light and fecked off last year... so this time i want to get cover, dont fancy coming back to a robbed/flooded/incinerated house, and having no cover.

    I rang my current insurer (shielas wheels, yes, i know thats gay, but they were the cheapest) who dont do unoccupied cover, hit google and came up with a couple, got quotes (loads of £££, not a prob, m.o.d. pays).

    Problem now is, ive submitted my quotes for adjudication and they wont stump up because both quotes were for 12 months cover, im only away for 4 months but both companies would only quote for a year, and i thought that if the mod would just pay me the monthly payments on the 12 month policy i could claim for 4 months then bin off the policy after i get back and stop payin, but ajudication think my plan is sh!t.

    So, im running out of time to sort this, anyone got any experience/know any brokers that do 4 month cover packages?, and preferably ones that understand the military thing.

    cheers up front