• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

UN Intelligence

I do believe it goes against the UN Charter...

When I looked for employment after leaving I looked at the UN. They have a number of jobs in 'information management' ranging from librarian to statistician. There is no central agency. A lot of the individual components have an investigation element: think war crimes based in the Hague, and WHO in Geneva looking at counterfeit medicines. Can't comment on the Hague, but WHO were tossers. Information is collected, collated, and analysis takes place (after a fashion). So, yes and no.

Trevelez said:
UN intelligence is an oxymoron
hmm, i don't think so...i think you meant a tautology?

Military intelligence is an oft-used oxymoron!

(only joking guys!)

Why the interest...been stealing food handouts or something?
Just wondered, as they have varouis agencies and wonder if they did any "spying" on member states, in order, to check that what they are told by them is correct or to keep an eye on them.

There is an ex op inter who did a crosspol tour at 13 sigs in the 90's who now works for the UN. Not quite sure what he does for them, but we swap emails now and then. If you want to be put in contact PM me your details and I'll pass them on.

asdf2204 said:
Just wondered, as they have varouis agencies and wonder if they did any "spying" on member states, in order, to check that what they are told by them is correct or to keep an eye on them.
This sounds a very "waltish" question to me..............

252_me said:
asdf2204 said:
now you're just being mean.

next you will be making fun of him for having a pic of his Airsoft team as an avatar :)

Trevelez said:
goon_bde said:
Trevelez said:

(only joking guys!)
You are correct my apologies :oops:
i don't normally like to get dragged into linguistic wrestling (i leave that to perevodchik), but how is it a tautology?

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
Trevelez said:
goon_bde said:
Trevelez said:

(only joking guys!)
You are correct my apologies :oops:
i don't normally like to get dragged into linguistic wrestling (i leave that to perevodchik), but how is it a tautology?
I think Trev was right the first time!

(the use of the English language that is - not necessarily the view expressed)

CRmeansCeilingReached said:
252_me said:
asdf2204 said:
now you're just being mean.

next you will be making fun of him for having a pic of his Airsoft team as an avatar :)
Why make fun of anyone else when you're around! ;)

you're right, taxi!

of course clever-intelligence could be a tautlogy, but not convinced that un intelligence is an oxymoron though, just a negative?

Strictly speaking, clever intelligence isn't really tautological either. "Clever genius" or "very unique" would be tautolgy, as would "stupid woman"

Like the play on words too goon.

Why should the UN need it's own Intelligence Service when there are so many others working in the building they could tap in to?

Not that the British would ever get involved in such activities ( please pardon the pun on "tap") I'm sure the current UN Director of Security would put a stop to any of those activities.

On deployments the UN does not allow the use of intelligence, rather they prefer "operational information".

Funny that so many correspondants with Jane's Intelligence Review seem to sign up 6 month mobilisations to work with the UN in information management roles. Quite handy that as members of the British Territorial Army that they still have their vetting as well.