(un)easy listening

From 'The Australian' newspaper web site

A hunk, a hunk of burning hate

January 11, 2006
THE relentless strains of an Elvis Presley song have been blamed for a violent domestic assault in Western Australia.

A 30-year-old woman allegedly stabbed her partner six times with a pair of scissors because he was listening to the rock legend's lyrics to his 1972 hit Burning Love.

The stabbing allegedly occurred in the couple's home in Northam, 100km east of Perth, on Monday night.

The 35-year-old man received stitches for wounds to his head, back and legs but was later released from hospital.
Wonder if she was singing 'are you loathsome tomight' at the same time.

I can understand that - i also have the urge to kill anyone listening to Elvis - the sooner people stop leistening to him, the sooner his records will stop selling and being played - my blood pressure will then go down, ill be happier and the world will be a safer and better place

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
OSACIN said:
I can understand that - i also have the urge to kill anyone listening to Elvis - the sooner people stop leistening to him, the sooner his records will stop selling and being played - my blood pressure will then go down, ill be happier and the world will be a safer and better place
One particular evening in August 1977 in the NAAFI at Aliwal Barraks, Tidworth, I heard the news of Elvis and immediately bumped into an Elvis-worshipping squadron comrade.

He looked rather upset. I offered to cheer him up by showing him my Elvis impression. I lay to attention on the floor and crossed my arms over my chest. He ran off and I cannot remember him ever speaking to me again.

Edited cos I cannot spell 1977.

AlienFTM said:
One particular evening in August 1997 in the NAAFI at Aliwal Barraks, Tidworth, I heard the news of Elvis and immediately bumped into an Elvis-worshipping squadron comrade. He looked rather upset.
Why? Because 20 years of his life had passed by and he hadn't noticed?

AlienFTM

MIA
Book Reviewer
Storeman Norman said:
AlienFTM said:
One particular evening in August 1997 in the NAAFI at Aliwal Barraks, Tidworth, I heard the news of Elvis and immediately bumped into an Elvis-worshipping squadron comrade. He looked rather upset.
Why? Because 20 years of his life had passed by and he hadn't noticed?
See edit. Cheers.