Umarex Uzi self loader in .22LR

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by ugly, Oct 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Folks I have been asked by the importers to see if any of you sports gun rimfire shooters would be interested that Sporting Services are thinking of importing the Umarex Uzi in .22LR and ask anyone interested to give us a ring? I need to have 10 confirmed orders before he gets the go ahead with this and I figured ARRSErs would be keen!

The price will be £605 retail inc VAT. We’ll do a trade discount but would prefer to sell retail!!
  2. Carl Walther Sporting Weapons - Products

how are they configuring it for the UK market, barrel and over-all length wise? longer bbl or fixed suppressor? and fixed stock?

lot of blokes at my club getting all .22 tac-i-cool with the military clones, got a .22 plink on tomorrow, will let them know about this offering.
  3. I've got a slot on my ticket for a .22 and that looks fun. How much though?
  4. I stopped reading about halfway down on account of staying up shagging and boozing last night, this morning for some reason a group of tiny pikies seem to have set up an ad-hoc breakers yard in my head.
  5. How come your county has a limit? How to they go about enforcing something that is not actually the law?
  6. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Euro 469 retail in Germany, about 375 quid
    • Like Like x 1
  7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Well thats then a failing of your national organisation (assuming you are a member) to fight for the rights of shooters in that county to be served by the law not persecuted by it.
  8. Right, so what's the story with the stock then? Welded or folding?
  9. Not being picky at all tac, just trying a little humour and goodness knows it seems to be needed in 'your' county.

It really pisses me off when police persons make up the law as they see fit. As to ACPO, don't get me started: unelected, unaccountable, unwanted. A lot of their pontification is the Home Office's responsibility - not theirs. Why do Home Secretaries allow it? They'd be up in arms if the TUC (as the coordinating body of most trade unions) took it upon themselves to make law. (Oops! I just noticed you did get me started. Nuff said.)

BTW, I agree with Ugly. If it was 'my' county, I'd be on to to BASC like a rocket. I probably wouldn't bother with tht NRA. I asked the new Police Liaison bloke for help with licensing weeks ago and he hasn't even bothered to response to my voicemail.
  10. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

I'll ask what the UK format is, however there is nothing in law preventing use of a folding stock on a .22 rifle. There may be a fuss but its no worse than on a 10/22 or a telescoping one!
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Ok lets cut the asides on plod (a quick one is acpo gets disbanded under the Winsor reforms!) and lets start asking who wants one enough to order?
  12. Hmmm, just Googled them and it appears they may have monged them up with a massive pretend-moderator as part of the barrel.

Not for me, ta.

13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Oh I dont know, I'm sure it would be fun even with a big mod on the front! I think it would make a nights lamping a bit south central!
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Apologies to ALL for the thread drift - I've deleted my maunderings.

Moving on, as Ugly shows, with its long barrel/moderator, it appears to be a rifle, and not an LBR - so that's all just fine and dandy then.

I look forward to seeing them at my club sometime.