Ultra low emission zone.

Could be worse, they could ban drinking real ale in the ultra low emission zone

CC_TA

LE
No congestion charge between 2200 and 0700 but the ULEZ runs 24/7. If I pop out at 2200 and come back at 0001 I get hit with 2 x ULEZ charges; absolute dog toffee.

If I come back after midnight now I'll leave the motor running and get my monies worth. :)

I was looking at plug in hybrids & electric motors to replace the 4x4, but soon changed my mind when I found there are no charging points and the fact I can claim it back the charges.

Could be worse, they could ban drinking real ale in the ultra low emission zone
They banned street drinking ages ago in this borough.
The old bill have not been enforcing it for some reason.
Its not been much of a problem until the council gave them a designated tax payer funded, custom built area to congregate in.

You need one of these.

Keep you fit too :D
So he catches pneumonia riding that thing whilst taking his mum to dialysis next winter. Who then takes her to hospital?

Oh and for those thinking that pedicabs will replace the ICE taxi and thus save the planet, there's a bit of a legal problem needs sorting first.

Last edited:

Troy

LE
The thing is, is that the cost will be passed onto the consumer.
They are taxing the f*ck out of everything.
I notice that it is always a labour run council that thinks it can get away with this kind of crap.
They lack the basic intellect to understand that the real cost will be born by the poorest poeple.
I can understand how a university graduate can sit behind his desk on an £80.000 grand public sector salary and think, well if he has a big car he must be rich so lets tax him.
What they don't see is who is really paying the price.
I'm fine with that. It's how it should be. People living in London who vote in [even indirectly] for all these measures. Speed bumps, restricted access, blocked off routes, low emissions, 20mph limits and all the rest of it. Things that catch out Drivers who end up getting tickets for various offences they often aren't aware of. Get caught out breaking hours through having nowhere to park, or having to park up regardless either because of driving hours or for access then end up getting parking tickets. Yes, it's the people who want all of this who should be paying for it. Not the poor driver having to pay for the so-called privilege of delivering to London. Or any of the delivery companies either. People who live or trade on Red Routes and yellow lines should not expect everyone else to subsidise their operating costs. No, let them drive out of London and collect stuff instead. They should have the costs and the nuisance, then they'll have something to moan about.

PhotEx

On ROPS
On ROPs
I treat inside the M25 as a backward and savage foreign country to be avoided at all costs,

Just had a trip to Bath, and was expecting a bill as my old knocker isn’t euro 6 compliant. Didn’t turn up. I checked online and I’m in the clear.
Any ideas why it’s any different down there? I know they call it a clean air zone, which may have differing criteria.

How bad is the pollution in London?

How is it relative to similar sized cities?

tgo

LE
Just had a trip to Bath, and was expecting a bill as my old knocker isn’t euro 6 compliant. Didn’t turn up. I checked online and I’m in the clear.
Any ideas why it’s any different down there? I know they call it a clean air zone, which may have differing criteria.
I think there's no consistent policy, you have to look at the ever increasing list of towns who do this, as they all seem to have different criteria, I use it as a good 'places to avoid' guide personally.

Cyberhacker

War Hero

According to the blurb:
Bath has a class C clean air zone, which means that charges only apply to taxis, private hire vehicles, vans, light goods vehicles, buses, coaches and heavy goods vehicles that do not meet the required emission standards.

Latest Threads