Ultra low emission zone.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer
This pratt Mayor doesn't stop with just the "clean air" guff either. He's actually closed London Bridge to traffic, except busses. So what used to be a handy main route out of London to the A11 & A12 is now just a cock up.
I hate London. Serves them right if they all choke on pollution.
Hammersmith Bridge is also shut, due to metal fatigue, and different councils are arguing over who pays
frankly they ought to dismantle the thing, sell it off as souvenirs and build a modern replica

It really is all out war on car drivers in this town now.
I went to my local very good and busy chippy the other day, and they have banned cars from the road with signs warning that they have cameras up.
Won't be using any shops in that street again.
Also the local council did a consultation with the public on putting cycle lanes on a long section of a road local to me,
It will deprive us of around 70 parking spaces. About 70% of poeple responding said they didn't want it to go ahead,
What are they going to do? Build them anyway.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
London - Mark and Avoid.

Used to be the capital of England, now it's a spawling shithole full of racist, stabby cúnts.
Oi, I haven't stabbed anyone...........

.......yet!

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
London - Mark and Avoid.

Used to be the capital of England, now it's a spawling shithole full of racist, stabby cúnts.
Oi, I haven't stabbed anyone...........

.......yet!
This pratt Mayor doesn't stop with just the "clean air" guff either. He's actually closed London Bridge to traffic, except busses. So what used to be a handy main route out of London to the A11 & A12 is now just a cock up.
He's also extending the ULEZ to the North and South Circulars, which is fkin crazy. I live on the South Circ, I can drive one way and not pay, but drive in the opposite direction and it's 12.50 a time.

So now all the rush hour traffic in the area is now forced onto the bridges at Southwark and Blackfriars, as well as Tower Bridge.
Jeez, they were bad enough a few years back, bloody glad I'm no longer commuting.

Wait until HGV firms no longer want to deliver in London , due to these green taxes, congestion charges.
The pubs/ restaurants in London can all be starved of goods.
Serves them right.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Khan wants to extend the charges further, even the boroughs that border the M25. Basically pay to travel to get inside the towns within the M25.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Khan wants to extend the charges further, even the boroughs that border the M25. Basically pay to travel to get inside the towns within the M25.
He could try, but I am inside the M25 but not part of London from any measurable perspective. We did come under the Met about 20 years ago, but that soon got changed.

I intensely dislike that twat and his unilateral changes to the roads (the incumbent mayor obviously). Deleting a lane on Park Lane (it's a major arterial road which bypasses the central Westminster streets) to give it to bloody cyclists and put the speed down to 20 was twatty in the extreme and has predictably contributed to London's traditional gridlock. He has forced emergency services to fork out on green vehicles which are expensive and not fit for purpose but which don't pollute. I am all for a transition to greener vehicles but not at the cost of the fleet's effectiveness. I cannot stand the odious little twerp and was devastated he got in a second time.

Cyberhacker

War Hero
I live inside the zone and drive a 3.2 litre Merc and have just received a letter saying that from October i will have to cough up £12.50 a day if i want to nip to the shops.
One of my regular consultancy visits is ~500 yards inside the Circulars

They're less than chuffed that we'll be adding a £12.50 surcharge on each visit

Wait until HGV firms no longer want to deliver in London , due to these green taxes, congestion charges.
Serves them right.
No problemo. The HGVs will unload outside of the charging zone and each pub/restaurant will have one of these to get their supplies in to them.

It's called a modern development. Apparently.
1627844341910.png

And for larger loads:
1627844490727.png

I mean come on, it's London. Who gives a flying one?

It really is all out war on car drivers in this town now.
I went to my local very good and busy chippy the other day, and they have banned cars from the road with signs warning that they have cameras up.
Won't be using any shops in that street again.
Also the local council did a consultation with the public on putting cycle lanes on a long section of a road local to me,
It will deprive us of around 70 parking spaces. About 70% of poeple responding said they didn't want it to go ahead,
What are they going to do? Build them anyway.
Replying to my own post, but the council installed planters and benches in the aforementioned road.
Now the local residents are up in arms about the street drinkers who congregate there, and all of the associated literally sh*t baggage that goes with them.
Who gives these poeple their highly paid jobs and decides to let them experiment with their ideas of social engineering?
Its a F*cking disgrace.

Last edited:

Troy

LE
Serves them right.
I've been saying this for some time. Londoners can come and collect the stuff they want. Let them have the costs.

I've been saying this for some time. Londoners can come and collect the stuff they want. Let them have the costs.
The thing is, is that the cost will be passed onto the consumer.
They are taxing the f*ck out of everything.
I notice that it is always a labour run council that thinks it can get away with this kind of crap.
They lack the basic intellect to understand that the real cost will be born by the poorest poeple.
I can understand how a university graduate can sit behind his desk on an £80.000 grand public sector salary and think, well if he has a big car he must be rich so lets tax him.
What they don't see is who is really paying the price.

Last edited:

civvy

Old-Salt
Replying to my own post, but the council installed planters and benches in the aforementioned road.
Now the local residents are up in arms about the street drinkers who congregate there, and all of the associated literally sh*t baggage that goes with them.
Who gives these poeple their highly paid jobs and decides to let them experiment with their ideas of social engineering?
Its a F*cking disgrace.
It was said a long time ago of London “people come in from outside, do things to us and go home again”.

Latest Threads