Ultimate Royal Signals Soldier

It occurred to me today that if a Telemech could work a computer you could do away with just about everyone else in the Corps. No chance of that ever happening though.

It occurred to me today that if a Telemech could work a computer you could do away with just about everyone else in the Corps. No chance of that ever happening though.
And if an Infantryman could sh1t ammo he would be the ultimate fighting machine... probably a more likely scenario than a TeleMech or Inst Tech working a computer.

Operators aren't operating, techs aren't teching Gene's are hired in, network stuff is contracted out and there isn't really any kit to manage any more. And behind the scenes, glueing it all together in their own unintelligible way are the mechs. They even have a God Mech, who's a Liney. If they could do VP too we'd all be on tranche 3.

Ultimate Royal Signals Soldier

For me, it was my dad.
22 Yrs SpecOp (finished as Sgt)

Sadly us kids couldn´t live up to the standards he set us.
Elder sister married a RAF guy
I joined REME and left after 22 yrs as a Staffy. (fixed things)
My younger brother did 22 yrs in !7th/21st/QRL (broke things) and finished as a Sgt.
Younger sister got to WO1 but in RMP.

Okay, we didn´t get to HIS stage in HIS Corp but I know he is mighty proud of us as we are of him.

Thanks, Dad !!!!!

Operators aren't operating, techs aren't teching Gene's are hired in, network stuff is contracted out and there isn't really any kit to manage any more. And behind the scenes, glueing it all together in their own unintelligible way are the mechs. They even have a God Mech, who's a Liney. If they could do VP too we'd all be on tranche 3.
Give me a pint of what your drinking!

Munch Me

Funniest thread ever :)
Tele Mechs. Just lineys than can breathe and walk at the same time.

OSP = Outside Plant. With no UG or overhead networks, not even NI to keep them busy. How many of the Inst Tech Sgt's and SSgt's are now sat in E2 slots?

Have 'TeleMech's (esp those trained in the 21st century) even accepted they are Inst Techs yet?

Why not go the whole nine yards, train REAL soldiers to do comms and then do away with the Royal Signals all together(apart from 237 Field Squadron, who are nails)?