Ultimate Drink and Drive Gate Guardian!

She wasn't 'very caring and thinking of others' when she drove 4 times over the limit!

Unfortunately there will always be those who do it, more so at this time of year obviously.

I've got a mate down the arches reckons that'll buff out nicely. Bit of filler, bit of a polish, a dab of tyrewall black, job's a good 'un.

I still think the Aussies have it right when it comes to road safety campaigns.

[video=youtube;5b69J_bMoYk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5b69J_bMoYk[/video]

That grabs you by the eyeballs!

Assume that was for cinemas?

Actually, the bloody "shock value" adverts did my head in while I was in Australia.

All you want to do in the evening is wind down and relax in front of telly and the films are constantly interrupted with shocking scenes that guilt trip you or are just generally depressing.

E

EScotia

Actually, the bloody "shock value" adverts did my head in while I was in Australia.

All you want to do in the evening is wind down and relax in front of telly and the films are constantly interrupted with shocking scenes that guilt trip you or are just generally depressing.
Bit like the give us only £3 and we'll save the (insert charity cause of your choice) we get here then?

Usual quality Mail reporting... the vehicle is a Corsa and the start, by the end it's morphed into a Vectra. Do they still have sub-editors, or were they all out campaigning against gay marriages and lady Bishops?

Usual quality Mail reporting... the vehicle is a Corsa and the start, by the end it's morphed into a Vectra. Do they still have sub-editors, or were they all out campaigning against gay marriages and lady Bishops?
TBH the online version seems a bit shody of late (office parties?) I read one article the other day which had two identical paragraphs, one after the other.

A recent antipodean based article had a random, un referenced quote in the middle of an unrelated paragraph.

#Rushtogetnewsout

TBH the online version seems a bit shody of late (office parties?) I read one article the other day which had two identical paragraphs, one after the other.

A recent antipodean based article had a random, un referenced quote in the middle of an unrelated paragraph.

#Rushtogetnewsout
Really? We wouldn't have known, I mean it's not like you repost 90% of their shitty content here is it?

You boring cock.

Bit like the give us only £3 and we'll save the (insert charity cause of your choice) we get here then?
You can get shock value ads in the UK too, just not on the mainland.

[video=youtube;xtJqw--DGl8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xtJqw--DGl8[/video]

Evening TV in NI is like the director's cut of that Army Medicine in Vietnam video with some of the road safety adverts they have over here

Z

Zarathustra

While I agree with you about the wanting to unwind in the evenings, if these sort of adverts were shown in mainland UK and they helped reduce the numbers of people who drink and drive and the fatalities and injuries they cause would it not be worth the price?

While I agree with you about the wanting to unwind in the evenings, if these sort of adverts were shown in mainland UK and they helped reduce the numbers of people who drink and drive and the fatalities and injuries they cause would it not be worth the price?
Not everything is justified in a good cause. And in any case, people would soon get used to horror-images and ignore them. The first time I saw a photo of a starving African (Band-Aid I think) I was shocked, now I turn the sound down until Little M'Beki has had his 30 seconds of fame, and leave him to his fate of death by shat-in drinking water.

Z

Zarathustra

Not everything is justified in a good cause. And in any case, people would soon get used to horror-images and ignore them. The first time I saw a photo of a starving African (Band-Aid I think) I was shocked, now I turn the sound down until Little M'Beki has had his 30 seconds of fame, and leave him to his fate of death by shat-in drinking water.
If the adverts were asking you to "Donate just £3 a week to help little Johny drive his Corsa without wrapping around a tree" then I'd be inclined to agree but what harm would a 3 minute advert only shown around Christmas/New Year do? You also have to bear in mind that here they'd probably only be shown after the watershed anyway.

Though you're right that if they were shown 100 times a day then people would become desensitised to the "shock value".

sirbhp

LE
Book Reviewer
last night (sat) a drunken driver wrote off three cars in our road , he tried to wander off but was apprehended by a local . One of the cars he wrote belonged to an off duty police lady who followed him to his home to await the police to arrest him. He was duly carted off and was so pissed he could just about stand . ( fell into at least three bushes on the way home and nearly caved his head in on a low wall )

He will fail the breathalyser for sure and get fined and banned . Me and the boss mrs BHP were wondering how does his insurance stand him as he was so off his face ? Is it null and void for him and live for the third parties ? his was a brand new motor as well, might have been a company car . years ago I was hit in the rear by a bloke and my car was insured but I wasn't ! It was a company car and i didint know then that I WAS NOT PERSONALLY COVerd out of office hours . this was back in 1996 ish .