• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Ulster car bomb

ugly

LE
As long as people on both sides dont forget the 38 years of slaughter then we have a chance of isolating these criminals from their support base and ensuring that they get nowhere. Please lets not go back in time with this one!

We should never forget the crimes of IRA / SF nor the direct involvement of the NI Minister of Education or his boss Gerry.

There can be no excuses and no forgiveness for what those two are directly responsible for.

No matter how much they might have gotten Tony Blair to surrender to them, no matter if they now wear the mask of policticians, they are and will always remain terrorists. It is sickening to see that for them on a personal level, by the cowadice of the Blair government, terrorism has been seen to win and lead to a nice cash income paid for by the very people the dispise.

get yourself involved in mass murder for 38 years and you to can be worshiped by Blair and co.

This is truly depressing news! I wish the Officer concerned, a speedy recovery!

ugly

LE
yes you did but I for one didnt notice!

Just a minute, fellas! Before everybody starts playing judge and jury, take note of the introduction to the article:
Dissident republicans are thought to be behind a booby-trap car bomb that injured an off-duty Catholic policeman in Northern Ireland.
Now, I for one wouldn't put it past the murderous fückers at all, just as I wouldn't put it past some Loyalist nutters, but at the moment nobody actually knows who it was. So why don't we wait until a bit more information becomes available.

MsG

Bugsy said:
Just a minute, fellas! Before everybody starts playing judge and jury, take note of the introduction to the article:
Dissident republicans are thought to be behind a booby-trap car bomb that injured an off-duty Catholic policeman in Northern Ireland.
Now, I for one wouldn't put it past the murderous fückers at all, just as I wouldn't put it past some Loyalist nutters, but at the moment nobody actually knows who it was. So why don't we wait until a bit more information becomes available.

MsG
A fair point. If it wasn't for the fact that DRs are the only people still active with a track record for putting UVBTs under Police Officers cars, that DRs are particularly active in that area and that there hasn't been an LPM attack in the Castlederg Salient for about 20 years. :roll:

Bugsy said:

MsG
Very true. Both the dissident republicans and loyalists would have motives.

ugly

LE
Motives but not legitemate reason under any twisted version of war. Cnuts the lot of them, it will be funny if the AM for law and order gets to sign the death sentence for his former comrades in arms eh? I know it would never happen judicially but lets pretend!

Out of curiousity, wonder what the loyalists and/or dissident republicans will do when the day comes that most of RUC is Catholic?

ugly said:
Motives but not legitemate reason under any twisted version of war. Cnuts the lot of them, it will be funny if the AM for law and order gets to sign the death sentence for his former comrades in arms eh? I know it would never happen judicially but lets pretend!
It would not be unprecedented. In the 1940s De Valera interned and then shot or strung up a few of his former colleagues who had turned dissident for it was the only language they understood.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emergency_(Ireland)#The_IRA_and_The_Emergency

redgrain said:
Out of curiousity, wonder what the loyalists and/or dissident republicans will do when the day comes that most of RUC is Catholic?
Let us know how it goes in your parallel universe. We'll let you know how it goes with the PSNI in ours. :D

Get pissed and chuck things at them as ususal probably (See Street Wars on Sky 2). Maybe with a bit more gusto. I don't see that that much would change if things were to flare up in some way. Catholic RUC and UDR pax were always preferred targets for the Provos.

CutLunchCommando said:
redgrain said:
Let us know how it goes in your parallel universe. We'll let you know how it goes with the PSNI in ours. :D

Get pissed and chuck things at them as ususal probably (See Street Wars on Sky 2). Maybe with a bit more gusto. I don't see that that much would change if things were to flare up in some way. Catholic RUC and UDR pax were always preferred targets for the Provos.
Not what I was getting at, mate, but have it your way. :wink:

redgrain said:
CutLunchCommando said:
redgrain said:

Not what I was getting at, mate, but have it your way. :wink:
Seriously though. How do think it will make a difference?

Nice to see a member of the public pull him out the car.

That would not have happened during PIRA's reign for fear of reprisals by helping the security forces.