UKSF

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Praetorian, Dec 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. For those of us who are bored of reading threads that are easily answered by the FAQ's, please take into account the following points.

1) If you can't find the details to phone UKSF in order to enquire, you probably don't have the common sense to join.

2) If you think that a sign of a good quality Special Forces soldier is a tendency to crayon all over a website on an unsecured connection, you probably don't have the common sense to join.

So, for mine and others sanity, phone them up and ask.

http://www2.army.mod.uk/uksf/index.htm

UKSF Sigs: South Coast: 0800 163925
    West Midlands/Wales: 01432 343109

UKSF Contact Numbers

Rant Over. Msr, please make this a sticky mate, people just don't bother to read the FAQ's.

2. Praetorian,

If this is in response to the thread I started, I invite you to step down from your high horse. Perhaps you would be kind enough to link to the FAQ that answers my question? Oh.. wait... 8O

You'll note that I was asking a very specific question about regular selection. I frequent this site under a different nick usually, so I'm well aware of the "phone-them-up-and-ask" mantra. That isn't quite so easy when the phone number is not in the public domain (as opposed to the ones for 21/23 which obviously are). And even if it were readily available, the whole point of my post was to canvas opinion about what is and isn't possible for an old STAB like me regarding said course, before making official enquiries about attending.

Of course, if your post wasn't in response to mine, please accept my most heart-felt apologies :roll:

3. msr

msr LE

The FAQ is already sticky :roll:

Why people come into a TA forum and ask about regular matters I have no idea.

The answer to most of the questions here is: Phone them up and ask / Ask your PSI / Raise it with your Chain of Command.

msr

4. Not on about you specifically mate, more the assorted trogdolytes of the lesser-chromosomed variety that populate this forum in hope of becoming the next Lofty or Dinger.

This thread gets raised every 5 minutes. Yours, truthfully, is probably the most realistic one I've ever seen.

5. Thing is though crabbers, you being a TA infantry soldier know about as much as anyone else does who's not SF and even if someone claims to know more, on an internet site like this you'd have to take it with a massive pinch of salt.

So I'd suggest it would be better to sit down with your PSAO or SPSI and tell them your ambitions, or visit the army careers office and ask.

6. You should get rid of that Jimmy Buffet nonsense and stick the above in your sig block :)

7. msr

msr LE

Just had an even better idea ;)

8. You haven't seen me, right?

9. UKSF ... is that like SAS?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.