UKSF selection age limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

Can a serving member please nail this one down once and for all.
I have been hearing all sorts of claims in this regard, from the age limit being 32 while others say there's no age limit and others again say it's 34.

Can someone please put this one to bed with accurate up to date age limits.

Many thanks.

It's in the DIN.

DIN is out there, everything you need to know is in it.

Thanks for the replies guys but as I'm not yet in service I do not have access to the DIN.
I am in the process of joining, I have previous military experience and I'm not getting any younger so in the interests of forming some long term personal goals/plan I am trying to find out as much info as possible before hand to help me figure out what is possible and what is not.

I have been reading different things on this from various different sites and forums.
Some say the age limit was abolished whilst some say it's 34 and others say it's 32, I was hoping someone here could clarify one way or another for definite.

Well, in that case, read the DIN when you're in. It's changed lots if times recently, so there is little point in telling you now if you're 2 years away from selection.

Well, in that case, read the DIN when you're in. It's changed lots if times recently, so there is little point in telling you now if you're 2 years away from selection.
Thanks for the reply, I will do as you suggest but it would still be nice to know if age limits were abolished or not.

Each unit (of 4, maybe 5), has different limits for Officers and ORs (and different trades as well). I'm on leave, and I'm not about to go back into work to find out, sorry.

Look, I not want to sound harsh but the whole point of 'not to be communicated outside HM forces' is just that. Right now you can either find out when you get back in, or try and use your initiative and ring up the units directly rather than hoping someone on the internet will spoon feed you!

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

Thanks for the reply, I will do as you suggest but it would still be nice to know if age limits were abolished or not.
Age limits were waived for a couple of lads I know. Maybe rules are there to be broken.

Look, I not want to sound harsh but the whole point of 'not to be communicated outside HM forces' is just that. Right now you can either find out when you get back in, or try and use your initiative and ring up the units directly rather than hoping someone on the internet will spoon feed you!

Fair enough Jim, but no need to get your frilly knickers in a twist ;-)

I'm not the one bleating on a website for help in finding out information despite gettingfirm steers on why this isnt going to happen.

My knickers arent frilly, but thin, damn near transparent and made of very reassuring PVC :)

Age waivers are the exception rather than the rule (from recent experience in this area on behalf of others).

There are age limits, but they differ depending on what area of the SF you're looking at trying for.

The DIN (easily found through the DSF intranet site, once you're back in and on DII!) is clear on the limits and how to go about applying for age waivers etc. and I wish you the best of luck in pursuing this.

Was taught be someone in 23 while at OTC, and his favourite line was 'If I could pass selection at 1000 years old you can bloody well do this'. So I should imagine it's quite high....

As long as you can make the mental and physical requirements for the British special forces there isn't an age limit for the selection. Although the younger men of around 22-25 may find it easier but good luck.

Guns

ADC
Book Reviewer
So that someone does not release sensitive information this thread is locked.

If you are thinking of applying for Special Forces or one of the other many special entry groups you will find a DIN on how to apply. They are available via DII only and contain information that, whilst not classfied, is not for public distribution.

Speak to you Chain of Command about the DINs, applying and the processes.

If you are are thinking of joining the military concentrate on that first, then getting through basic training, then your trade training and finally getting a good SJAR/OJAR before applying.

Status
Not open for further replies.