Uksf (r)

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Reserve Recruitment' started by Hlabezulu, Aug 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello everyone,

I have a few questions regarding applicants for the UKSF Reserves.

The brief for applicants is to only tell immediate family and partner that you are applying. However, what happens if your boss at work is in the TA and is drilling you about what regiment you are in and your job role etc?

What is an applicant to say? Are you given a cover regiment + job role?

Advice would be great please.

Many thanks

2. In your own time, carry on...:twisted:

. suicide-watch-sucicide-popcorn-demotivational-posters-1298427526.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Use the ******* search function, some common sense or ask the unit. If you have to ask bone as **** questions like this then I don't think you'll get far in the TA let alone the SF world.

4. Please show me on this forum where this question has been answered before and I will appologise for my ignorance...

5. If you boss is in the TA AND if he asks, just tell him the truth.

6. Tell them you work as a ******* storeman/VM/Chef/infantry. Is it that hard to think of a decent cover?

If you search for UKSF(R) in the ARRSE Hole there will be loads of bollox threads for you to go through.

7. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

The truth! What if he can't handle the truth?

8. Then kill him. Simples. :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. You'll have to bag him and plasticuff him in the stationery cupboard.

10. Are you sure he's in the TA and that's not HIS cover story?

Don't take any chances.

Slot him, before he blows your cover.

• Like Like x 5
  11. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

The problem with a 'cover story' is that it can sometimes come unstuck either making you look like s walt or drawing even more attention to what you are trying to cover.

A member of UKSF once tried to tell me that he was in an Inf Coy I had been in. He even tried to tell me he had been on it at the same time as me.

The TA is a relatively small organisation. If your boss has any rank in it he will probably know people in many units. If you tell him you are some or other unit he may ask you about personalities in it or indeed he may meet them and mention that he has one of theirs working for him. They won't know you and you'll end up looking odd.

12. Yep, so shrouded in mystery and secrecy is the process that any and all applicants for special forces reserve are given a SNCO's spot in a fictitious infantry battalion and a direct line to said battalions fictitious clerk should those around them become too nosey and wonder why their friends have suddenly took to wearing jeans, db's and an AB jacket/walking trousers, Columbia shirt and a North face puffa ( choice of period dress is walty applicants own) to work every Monday and their regular choice of m+s sandwich and a costa latte for lunch has been replaced by a bag of chips and a guinness "cos that's what Andy said to do".

Good luck Obi Wan.

13. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Has the OP even filled out an application form yet? Or is it all speculative? Say you are in Laundry at Grantham - thats bound to kill any conversation stone dead.

• Like Like x 1
  14. FORMER_FYRDMAN

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

He could always tell his boss what he's up to, that way his boss will either sack him for being in a sexier unit and stealing his kudos or else sack him for the amount of time he's going to be spending away from the business whilst disguised as a slug-eating rhododendron - problem solved.

• Like Like x 1
  15. haha ok so, besides murder or lying about a regiment and getting found out.... coming clean and just saying UKSF applicant - no further questions is the best option?