UKSF(R) & Rank

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by HVM_Boy, May 26, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Quick question... :?

If a TA officer completes selection and joins 21 or 23, does he loose his commission and become a Trooper?

And if so, and he wanted to become an SF Officer would he have to do RMAS again?

2. msr

msr LE

3. Maybe i'm a biff, but that page doesn't say anything about officers doing selection and rank....?

...or does it?
  4. msr

msr LE

The phone number is on the page...
  5. so you are saying a i should phone 'them' and ask? would 'they' speak to a walt like 'me'?

(btw...i'm not actually thinking of joining SF. just wondering about the rank structure)
  6. Is the information on that page still up to date? Because it's disappeared from the Army website.

I check it every so often, just to see if the age limits have been changed(hey, an old fart can dream! :wink: ).But the last time I linked from Google I got the 404 from the Army website. And searching the website did'nt work either. 8O

The link from 21's website did'nt work either.
  7. msr

msr LE

You are clearly not UKSF(R) material then ;)

Of course the link works, that's why I posted it.

8. Two possibilities, 'Wolf:

A)There will be major changes to UKSF(R) and the old website is no longer relevant.

B)Those responsible for the Army website could'nt find their backside with GPS.

Which do YOU think is more likely? :roll:
  9. msr

msr LE

or C) The reality:

10. It used to be that officers retain rank it is only soldiers that drop in rank to trooper, AFAIK this is still the case.

11. Can't Officers only do 2 years or something on Secondment?
  12. I belive that is the regulars issue i dont think it is the same for reserves, not to sure on this one though.