UKSF(R) Medic.

Morning all,

I'm a civi IHCD Emergency Medical Technician employed by my local ambulance service. I'm also an experienced Training Manager and a qualified tutor with experience teaching the Fire Service and First Responders up to 'enhanced level.'

Recently, the UKSF(R) placed a notice in our staff briefing documents asking for volunteers who were qualified medics to join the UKSF(R) support team.

What I want to know is:
1) Is my IHCD EMT qualification sufficient?
2) What are the fitness requirements for 'support staff'?

I know already, that I should probably just 'call the unit', or even better drop in and ask, but to be honest, I'm unsure who to talk to - I know there's SBS\SAS or Signals. I assume they all have the same qual requirements?

I'm also a qualified BSAC Diver and comfortable swimmer, and so originally considered SBS, but seems they only accept those with previous military experience? Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you all.

AFAIK SAS (R) and SBS (R) take support staff with no previous military experience, as you don't do the fighting jobs, but I think they're after registered paramedics as medical support, nothing else. SAS (R) take people with no military service, SBS (R) require you to be ex-military, but like I said, that's for the actual SF, not the support staff. Fitness requirements vary depending, and BTW your sports diver qualification is worthless for any military job.

JP

"Medical Staff are also required however they must have either previous military service with qualifications to CMT1 level or a civilian who holds a national qualification in emergency response or nursing."

This was from there recruitment page on armynet. Have a chat with them and see what they say.

"Medical Staff are also required however they must have either previous military service with qualifications to CMT1 level or a civilian who holds a national qualification in emergency response or nursing."

This was from there recruitment page on armynet. Have a chat with them and see what they say.
Thanks - I did spot that, but can't find any comparison between the CMT1 and my IHCD emt qual. I've sent off my initial paperwork and ad a reply asking for my cv detailing medical stuff. So will send it off and see if they'll have me. In the meantime, I'm working hard on the phys - but doing well!

Thanks again all.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)